Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! New to the forum but have been shooting my XD since 2008. I just received my new OSP replacement slide and XD5071 mounting plate. My Vortex Venom doesn't cowitness. Do any of you have the Dragonfly on the new OSP slide and does it cowitness with the iron sights? Hoping to find out before I spend more money. Many thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sightmark minishot m-spec doesn't cowitness either, had to order XDM OSP sights which are slightly taller, and all black/ serrated. The front sight is part number XDM5027T = $12.00 each. The rear sight is part number XDM5028TG =$12.00 each. You can order from springfield customer service plus $10 for shipping through FedEx. Will post photos when they come in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sightmark minishot m-spec doesn't cowitness either, had to order XDM OSP sights which are slightly taller, and all black/ serrated. The front sight is part number XDM5027T = $12.00 each. The rear sight is part number XDM5028TG =$12.00 each. You can order from springfield customer service plus $10 for shipping through FedEx. Will post photos when they come in.
Did the same waiting for it come back from Springfield

·
Registered
19 Posts
just a slight input. i bought a new xdm with the hex dragonfly. it's my first dot sight on a handgun and will be my last. i was raised and shot iron sights since i was 3 years old. i tried to use the hex and i couldn't. if i was in a self defense situation i'd have had 5 in me before i could even have attained the dot. i blew 250 bucks on the upgrade just to see if i can use a dot sight on a pistol. i can't. anyone want to buy it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
just a slight input. i bought a new xdm with the hex dragonfly. it's my first dot sight on a handgun and will be my last. i was raised and shot iron sights since i was 3 years old. i tried to use the hex and i couldn't. if i was in a self defense situation i'd have had 5 in me before i could even have attained the dot. i blew 250 bucks on the upgrade just to see if i can use a dot sight on a pistol. i can't. anyone want to buy it?
It takes some practice, but I found it much faster than irons. My Dragonfly does not co-witness with the irons.
I'm 74 years old and have shot for many years with irons. It's easier to learn without co-witness sights. I don't have
any use for irons on RDS guns.
My EDC is a Sig P320 X-Compact with iron sights and no RDS.

·
Registered
890 Posts
It's a learning process. Remember when you couldn't find the front site? It took practice to learn that. Red dots are no different. Time and rounds down range are your best friends in this case. I have faith you will get it. Trust yourself and give it some time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What they said^^^^^^^^!
Keep working at it, it eventually becomes easy. I was the same, it was ridiculous. Then I started bringing it up close and pushing out….and there it was.
Pro tip…don’t look at the sight. Look at the target, and just let your body point the gun. Unless your grip is unnatural, the dot will be there. Might take some time to unlearn old or learn new habits, but you can get a lot of reps with a cleared gun in your living room while watching TV. My cat is a great target!🤣

As for co-witness, suppressor sights work great!

No way the U notch and light pipe front dot on my 10 mm will ever line up with a red dot, but the light pipe front sight is sort of like a red dot…..right?😂
Instead of a red dot, that gun will probably get a laser/light combo. Making a taco holster the only real answer.

·
Registered
890 Posts
What people don't understand is that they are not supposed to line up. If you are doing that you are using your red dot wrong. Remember, it's two separate systems. Pick one. The other is for backup. If your looking at your irons while finding your dot, your wasting time and doing it wrong. You don't look at your blinker as your turning? You look where your going. Same with the red dot. Look where your going and put the dot there. Pull the trigger. If you see your dot and your irons, your dot is not setup correctly. When seeing your dot, it should be the only thing in that window. If you line up your irons, you should not see your dot. Even with suppressor height irons, there may be some difference. It depends on how deep the cut is for the red dot.

·
Registered
890 Posts
"do what works for you"

stick my ruger sp101 in their gut and pull the trigger 5 times. gotcha (y)
Just don't forget, you were in fear for your life. Also, reload. Your set.
"do what works for you"

stick my ruger sp101 in their gut and pull the trigger 5 times. gotcha (y)
Don't forget. You were in fear for your life. Also reload. You're set.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Fashion accessory Luggage and bags Bag Metal Gas

After an extensive fight with the sight pusher and some choice words, XDM OSP sights installed with Dragonfly to verify cowitness capability. Will be swapping to my sightmark until I grab another Holosun, but looks and works great 👍🏼

1 - 16 of 16 Posts