Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with all the stuff going on in the world the wife and I thought it might be a good time to educate ourselves with firearms. I am in the military and not new to guns, but I have never owned one. Also being Air Force I don't use them much! ;-)
So the wife and I started researching what we could for a few months and looked at Glocks, S&W M&P, and Springfield. After looking at all of them and holding them decided to head to local shooting range. The wife has never shot so we started with a simple 22 revolver.
I saw her get that smile on her face when she hit her first target and knew she was hooked! Then after 50 rounds of the 22 we shot the 3 we were looking at in 9mm. She was a little intimidated at first, but after about 5 rounds the smile came back. Over all we both like the way all 3 guns shot, but liked the Springfield over all. We both didn't like the trigger on the M&P, and the wife didn't care for the grip on the Glock. So we did what every over excited Americans do and went to buy the gun that day! Lol
We ended up with the XD9mm for her so I think I will be getting the XDM .45 compact next month? I'm looking forward to learn what I can and thank you in advance for your wisdom and insight.
Also forgot to add we are in the Pacific Northwest (Washington)

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Welcome from SE Ohio. I suggest the 3.8 XDM compact in 45 or the 3.3/4.0 XDS. You can learn a lot on these boards. Glad you're here!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Welcome. Love the husband and wife gun teams. Makes for all kinds of fun when asking for lube or does this holster make me look fat. Good for you - look forward to your posts.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome aboard from Texas! You came to the right place. :wink:

Reactions: Boomers XDM

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central florida.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to both of you from sunny Tucson! You made the right choice, and thanks for your service! Sorry to hear you're living in Washington. Aside from the weather (lots of rain) I hear it's not a particularly gun-friendly state. Bp

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcomes and the wife and I are looking forward to learning and having fun with our new XD9. Also just want you guys to know I have a lot of respect for you guys since I have been looking at other forums to join, but it was here I saw less if none at all (so far) drama. Some forums they have been poking fun of or meme'ing other users for dumb question. I personally don't think there is ever a dumb question unless you just don't ask. So thank you guys for giving us confidence in this group. ;-)

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Welcome.

I think you will find lots of good information here, as well as a bit of sarcasm, good humor, and a whole lot of entertainment!

Which XD 9MM do you have, the 3" sub, the 4" Service, or the 5" Tactical?

The wife and each carry the XD9MM Sub Compact, fine weapon.

Best

1 - 20 of 23 Posts