Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new XD9 Bi Tone 4". Have yet to shoot it but will tomorrow. I have 1000rds of Blazer Brass lined up...Obviously not all in one day.

Brought her home field stripped her and cleaned her up. I am glad I did. Pretty suprised there was that much grime in a brand new weapon. I am sure it would have been fine but I am anal when it comes to keepng my things in pristine condition.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Nice pictures of all that ammo. Now its time to put a few of them through your new gun!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
526 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! Feel free to send me all that brass after you're done emptying it:D

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats and enjoy! Feel free to send me all that brass after you're done emptying it:D

dude you pay for shipping ill send it to ya

·
Registered
281 Posts
What great pics. That 1000 rounds will go pretty fast. Enjoy

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the nice responses guys. I will post a range report with pics tomorrow!

·
Registered
537 Posts
She's a beauty!!!

Out of pure curiosity, why didnt you opt for the XDM-9?

And how do you like cleaning your guns with orbitz? :mrgreen:
Does it work as well as in the adds?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She's a beauty!!!

Out of pure curiosity, why didnt you opt for the XDM-9?

And how do you like cleaning your guns with orbitz? :mrgreen:
Does it work as well as in the adds?
Ya it works pretty well actually....how do think I got the slide to shine like that??? It is my patent pending technique caled "gun gumming!" Revolutionary and you'll all be doing it one day.

As far as the XDM.....One reason...I didnt like it. I handled it and truly didnt like the look or price of it. To be honest I wasnt impressed. Granted these are my own thoughts. A few reasons I didnt get the xdm were:
1. I am not a huge fan of the looks and the aggressive grip surface
2. The longer barrel didnt help
3. I liked the look of the XD more
4. I think the price difference isint worth it in my situation. The match barrel will do nothing for me as this is a HD gun. The back strap idea is cool but IMHO just another part to break on me.

Take my thoughts for what they are worth...Not meant to offend any owners of the XDM. I think it was a great gun just not right for me.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Absolutely!

I'm with you as far as the grip (too aggressive) I ended up using the small backstrap and installed a hoge grip sleeve on it; it fits my hand like a glove.

i have the .40 M and a SC in 9, different guns for different situations.

You make some valid points.

Congrats on your purchase; it looks sharp!
Is the barrel polished? (cant see 'cause of the flash)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Absolutely!

I'm with you as far as the grip (too aggressive) I ended up using the small backstrap and installed a hoge grip sleeve on it; it fits my hand like a glove.

i have the .40 M and a SC in 9, different guns for different situations.

You make some valid points.

Congrats on your purchase; it looks sharp!
Is the barrel polished? (cant see 'cause of the flash)

Barrel is black but will soon be polished...Just have to find the time to do it....

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Barrel is black but will soon be polished...Just have to find the time to do it....

BTW...There are rub marks on the barrel from presumably the slide when they test fired it. I assume this is normal? Not sure how well you can see them but they are there....

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
BTW...There are rub marks on the barrel from presumably the slide when they test fired it. I assume this is normal?
Probably but there is not much you can do about them. After a few hundred rounds downrange they all end up with scratches.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Probably but there is not much you can do about them. After a few hundred rounds downrange they all end up with scratches.

ok just maing sure that is normal....Fine with me it adds character

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay I hot the range today but shot really left sided...I usually shoot center mass but for some reason all my rounds were left....any tips...maybe my sights are off or is it me?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts