Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So...my buddy has a Walther PPK .22; came with a WW2 German holster, supposedly came from an officer...I’ve shot it, it’s just one of the most fun .22’s I’ve ever played with. He’s talked about getting rid of it, and I’ve told him I’d like to have it...but I didn’t want anything with a swastika on it in my possession. I’m afraid it would go whole Ark of the Covenant and burn the swastikas off while sitting in my safe...

Over lunch the other day, he said he was looking into it, and...what he thought were waffenamts (Nazi acceptance marks—usually an eagle over a swastika)...weren’t. The were eagle over “N”—the proofmark for Nitrocellulose (smokeless) powder...and, he was dropping his price considerably to reflect that.

So, it’s mine. Sounds like it was made sometime in the 40’s (still researching), but likely not prewar. I’ll never carry it, and only shoot it occasionally...but it’s definitely a cool little pistol.

7D516C45-00DD-4BE8-80B7-FC88F12E5F91.jpeg

And the proof marks—unless you really look at them, you can see how easily they could be mistaken.
1E169DD0-19F9-4067-B86B-4EE1B0D6A855.jpeg

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Most of the waffenamts didn't have swastikas either; just an eagle over a number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts