·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
That is a great rifle!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Henrys are nice rifles.

Dad has a Golden Boy in 17HMR and it is well made, accurate as can be and very fun to shoot.

-brickboy240

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! Where did you buy it?
Got it at a gun store in Elko Nv, they had Henry's in 30-30, and .357 magnum, but I wanted the .44mag so they had to order one for me, only took 5 days to get it.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
The 44 mag out of a lever gun is big fun.

Not as much recoil as a 30-30 and I have found my Marlin 44 mag lever gun to be very accurate. I have used the Fiocchi 240gr soft points on pigs and one deer and oh yes...it did the job well.

With 44 Special cowboy loads...the damn thing is maybe as loud as a firecracker and has almost no recoil. Seriously...when my daughter was 11...she shot my Marlin with 44Spl loads many times and liked it.

If you hunt pigs or deer at close range...that thing is perfect for the task.

-brickboy240

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Me likey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
Very nice. Someday I would like to have one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have never hunted pigs with one, but planning on it in the future, but my brother in law and I both have used the .44 on elk in the woods, 80 yds was the longest shot, never had a problem with putting meat on the table

·
Registered
14,385 Posts
Congrats, Henry is a fine firearm.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a Big Boy 357 Magnum, and a Golden Boy 22LR. They are two of my favorite guns, hands down.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Love the Henry rifles. Another lever gun is high on my list. I'm still not won over by the recent Remlins that I have played with in the LGS. Rough actions and so-so furniture. The Henrys have been much more consistent. Just yesterday, I handled a Golden Boy 22. Buttery smooth action and beautifully crafted.

Congrats on the new purchase, OP.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
There are always older Marlins out there.

Both my 357 and 44 Marlins are older guns that don't even have a crossbolt safety or rebounding hammer.

They're out there...and totally worth owning.

-brickboy240

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Picked up my Henry in .44 magnum yesterday

Went out to my old stomping grounds to see what I could call up, not open there yet for 2 more weeks, *sigh*, would have been a perfect shot for the Henry.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guess I should have added the picture before I pushed send

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ordered a large loop lever from Henry for $34., took a whole 90 seconds to replace the original lever with the new one, now I can leave my gloves on when I'm out hunting in the cold

1 - 20 of 52 Posts