Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co-worker of mine had indicated to me on several occasions that he was interested in going shooting. I was hesitant at first as I am relatively new to firearms myself but after giving it some thought I decided to take him. He is a smart guy and never gave me any reason to suspect that he was irresponsible in anyway so I called him up today and we went to Elite in Monroe.
He listened and paid close attention when I was explaining the basics of handling a firearm and did an excellent job of putting those pointers to use.
We went through a few hundred rounds (letting him shoot most of them) and several targets. Fun was had by all and he took to shooting like a fish to water. I figure he is home right now explaining to his fiancée why he needs to get a handgun. :)

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
good. glad to hear about responsible citizens becoming acquainted with firearms.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Good job. I helped "plant the seed" for a couple guys I know from my employer. None of them has bought a gun yet, but they always ask me when we're going to the range again.

Randy

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good job. I helped "plant the seed" for a couple guys I know from my employer. None of them has bought a gun yet, but they always ask me when we're going to the range again.

Randy
I think this guy is gonna buy one. He seemed to have a genuine interest as opposed to someone who just wants to go shooting because they have never done it. Always good to have more people to go shooting with!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah im hoping to take the misses out tuesday and get her more interested into what has become almost a passion of mine.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Good job! I myself haven't been able to get any "new" shooters to the range, but I have converted a "glock guy" over to the XD family. All it took was one trip to the range with my XD and XDm with him and he was hooked!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Got my wife a little more interested over the weekend. Took her to a gun show and bought a combo laser/flashlight to put on my XD9, and told her I'd feel better with her using that for HD when I'm out of town instead of her revolver, since it has almost 3x as many rounds, and now a light/laser combo. She said "well take me and show me how to shoot it then" :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have "planted" that seed in three different people in the last two months. I really like doing it in that I know how to communicate and teach fairly well. It is a good feeling knowing that they have the basics down well. The down side is that I, also, let them shoot most of the ammo, and it is not at all cheap. I never ask for compensation though...I enjoy the chance to bring another believer into the fold too much.

RJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts