Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help!! I inadvertently put the slide back on while the take down lever was in the down position...now the weapon will not let me pull the slide back enough to put it up and i cannot get the slide off either. Can anybody help me??

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I don't see how you put the slide on with the takedown leaver down. Did you use a hammer? I tried to do it just now and it won't go past the take down leaver even when using quite a bit of force. The only way I would do it was to put in without the recoil spring. Is that what you did?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Make sure the weapon is empty....pull slide back as much as you can, pull the trigger, pull slide back and push up the take down lever.
I bet what you did was put the slide on WITH OUT the barrell or spring installed...
Dont panic, just keep playing with it and working it, and you'll get it. oh yah, say a few Prayers too, it always hepls.... ;)

Good luck. keep us updated.

as always, Stay Safe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Make sure the weapon is empty....pull slide back as much as you can, pull the trigger, pull slide back and push up the take down lever.
I bet what you did was put the slide on WITH OUT the barrell installed...
Dont panic, just keep playing with it and working it, and you'll get it. oh yah, say a few Prayers too, it alwasy hepls.... ;)

Good luck. keep us updated.

as always, Stay Safe.
I tried that and i'm like 2mm short on getting the take down leaver to be able to come up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey guys...i fixed it, i pushed as hard as i could on a table top and that was enough to cock the triger and when i pulled the trigger it came right off....thanks for all the help!!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I tried that and i'm like 2mm short on getting the take down leaver to be able to come up

Can you push it forward, pull trigger and take slide off again.

take the slide out and try all the above, if that doesn't work, install an EMPTY slide and try all the above again... oh yah, keep saying Prayers.. it helps...also stay calm... pull slide back, pull trigger.... push slide forward, pull trigger.... say a few more Prayers.. LOL

keep us updated...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Awesome... congrats...

now say a few prayers of thanks... LOL

As always, Stay Safe...

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
You can clearly see the recoil spring. Again did you force the slide back in? Much force did you use?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can clearly see the recoil spring. Again did you force the slide back in? Much force did you use?
nope...i didn't force a thing, it slipped right on. I realized a second later what i had done and was amazed that it even went on at all...but all is good now thank god!!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
It went on with no force and it does have the barrel and recoil spring in? How far back can you pull the slide. Can you post a pic of the slide all the way back, with a focus on the barrel and breech?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts