Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Lyman Lubrizior (?) 4500. My bullets that I size have 2 grease grooves. Is it okay to tumble lube these rounds? Or do I need to fill just the grease grooves? :confused:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Try some and see how it works. Worse that can happen is you have to clean out some lead. Bullets for tumble lubing have a different configuration. Since you have the lubrisizer and are sizing them anyway why not lube them as designed?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Try some and see how it works. Worse that can happen is you have to clean out some lead. Bullets for tumble lubing have a different configuration. Since you have the lubrisizer and are sizing them anyway why not lube them as designed?
I second that suggestion. The only thing I'll add is that adding some denatured alcohol to the Lee liquid lube causes it to deposit a thinner coat that works better in some firearms. It also speeds drying time.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The lubrisizer was given to me and the screw, pressure piston won't come up or down, it just spins as you turn the screw. No way to fill the lube, like the sizing die, just can't lube with it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
You can tumble lube any bullet design. The reults will vary, but you have little to lose. As to the lyman, send it back for repair. they'll likely do it for nothing or a small fee. COntact Lyman's CS dept.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts