Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out shooting this Sunday and found that the magazines in my XD-40 would not "gravity drop" when I was performing a tactical reload. The spent magazine drops down about 1 to 1 1/2 inches, and then seems to hang up and not fully fall out.

This seems to be happening on two of my magazines, but is not happening to the third one (I think). When I first got the gun, everything was fine, but just now this problem is happening.

I don't think the magazines were initially out of spec as the problem is just now developing, and I cannot think of anything traumatic that has happened to them (e.g., dropping a brick on 'em) that would cause this problem.

Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions? I have not spoken to Springfield Armory about this yet.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Once in a while they "bulge" a bit, you just need to find out where its draggin'. You can use some type of marker to see where its happening and push it back in..

·
Registered
25 Posts
I shoot uspsa with both my xd's and have had similar experinces. I polished the mag body after cleaning and haven't had any problems since.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Springfield replaced all my 16 round 9mm magazines for the same reason, with 15 rounders. If I didn't load them until right before shooting the stage they were fine. But if I loaded up all my magazines the night before the match, which I like to do, then they would bulge enough that they wouldn't drop free and that seriously does not work in IPSC. Are you keeping your magazines loaded all the time ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts