Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is it? Is it on the slide or under the barrel on the polymer frame? There is so many different #'s on the gun that I can't figure it out. I need it to fill out the XD Gear Up form.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Where is it? Is it on the slide or under the barrel on the polymer frame? There is so many different #'s on the gun that I can't figure it out. I need it to fill out the XD Gear Up form.
they should all be the same number
its on the barrel, the slide, and on the frame in front on the bottom side.
these should all be the same number.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
ware did you get this xd from?
If they do not match then some one put it together from more then one gun.
Hopefully some one will come in here. Im not sure its legal.
you mite want to run the numbers with the police to make sure there not stolen.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
The serial number is on the frame. That's the serial number you need.

It's set in a metal plate where the mounting rail is on the frame.

That number should also match the number on the barrel visible though the ejection port.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
So the one on the frame is all that matters? great i thought maby the librals made them put the # on them 3 times so you couldnt buy parts.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm still curious as to where you purchased this...all the serials should match...
Their not all serials. Just because theres 5 numbers on your car doesnt mean their all a VIN.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Your number/s located as shown is the one you want..
It is also located on a metal plate under the frame rail in front of the trigger guard.
Barrel, slide, frame, and yes, those three numbers should match.

That same metal plate has a different number on the inside.
I've never figured out what it was for...:confused:

·
Registered
93 Posts
If your serial numbers are different, then something is not right. It seems like this could possibly end up getting you in some serious trouble. All 3 should be the same.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 2 numbers on the barrel and slide match. The number on the metal plate underneath the gun is different. I purchased it at a well known gun shop in Minnesota (Bill's).

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
cmiles2730, it appears that your upper (slide and barrel) came off of another lower (frame). They were switched for some reason. The numbers on the frame and upper should match.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just called the gun shop and they told me that the slide was replaced because of a malfunction with the old slide. Should this have been disclosed to me upon buying it?

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I just called the gun shop and they told me that the slide was replaced because of a malfunction with the old slide. Should this have been disclosed to me upon buying it?
If you bought the gun "new", I would say yes, it should have been disclosed to you.

But I am thinking you bought it "used". If it was used, I don't think they had an obligation to tell you but it probably would have been nice of them to mention it as a courtesy. The first owner probably had the malfunction with the original slide and that is why it was replaced. Probably replaced by Springfield I would think.

If the gun functions fine and all, I wouldn't worry about it. You may want some sort of paper from the gun store just in case you are ever asked about it in the future.

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
Maybe. I still might call SA and verify this.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
+1 Wired, I to would call SA to verify the switch, especially for warranty reasons.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I believe that they should have mention to you that the weapon that you just purchased, is actually from two different guns, I don't know, but I would imagine that if for some reason you had warranty issue's, that it could be denied from Springfield, Also if you decided to sell in the future, the non matching serial numbers might be a turn off for potential buyers, I would call Springfield and ask regarding this Issue. Just My Opinion, either way Good luck ...:???:

·
Registered
321 Posts
WELCOME TO XD:cool: All three serial numbers should match. I'd check with Springfield about it. It was probably a warranty issue. What model did you get?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heres the story of the gun. Every year the gun store i bought it from has a fall shooters show. During these shows they have reps from the gun manufactures come out and demo their guns. My gun was a demo gun. I was told that it came with a lifetime warranty (no paperwork though) incase anything were to go wrong. I got the gun at a discounted price, but was told the gun never left the store and was used only at the shooters show.

The receipt shows the serial # from the metal plate on the bottom of the gun. The slide and barrel have matching serials, but it differs from the metal.

Here is my concern. If I didn't notice this and the other slide is still out there in play. What if someone commits a crime with that other slide wouldn't it come back to my gun?

I will be calling SA to check on all of this, but they are closed now so I will update tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts