Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, only posted a few times on here, but I lurk all the time.

My grandmother gave me these two little revolvers and I know nothing about revolvers. Anyone know anything about these? Sorry about the terrible pictures. They're from my cell. The girlfriend left our digital camera somewhere so when I get it back I can get some better shots.

I'm pretty new to firearms so I don't know anything about these. I just bought my first gun about 6 - 8 months ago(XD .40 Tactical) so I can use some help

This one says US Revolver Co. The plating is peeling at the end of the barrel a bit. Looks like a .38

This little guys says Made in Italy and T.I.C. Very small...I guess maybe 22? I think it had some little snap caps though. Could it be just like a starter pistol?

While I'm at it, I just want to thank you all for an awesome site. I'm a member of another gun forum and I hate it(Its from Pa if you happen to know it or be a member). I started looking for gun forums after I bought the XD to try and learn some things. I am always on a forum for my car and it was soooo helpful and I expected that from other forums. The first gun forum almost turned me away from them altogether. Between the Obama bashing, OC vs. CC arguments, ridiculous paranoia, and rants about 2A, there was nothing left pertaining to the guns themselves. Of course these things will come up, but I wanted to find a place to learn about grip, modifications, maintenance, holsters, etc... Luckily I found this place and its exactly what I'm looking for. Great site and very helpful people!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
The US Revolver was made by Iver Johnson before WWII. It is a copy of the S&W top break revolver. It is probably chambered for 32 S&W Long or 38 S&W. Quality on those is spotty and I'd have it checked out real well before firing. They're not worth alot or highly collectable but most Iver Johnson stuff shot fairly well.

The Italian pistol looks like the frame is cast and like a starter pistol. It might be a 22lr but if you don't see rifling in the barrel and very short chambers, yes, it is a starter pistol. Never heard of that brand, but its probably pre WWII and there were many low cost European gun makers that went under at the outset of WWII.

Neat things to play around with (if they're tight and safe to fire) but probably not worth tons of money. Have fun with them!

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input!

Another question...what do I need to do now since I have these in my possession. They came from a grandparent so I understand it's legal for them to be given to me, but do I need to register them ore anything and how do I go about doing that if so?

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Check your state laws ... Every state is different.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey scuba im from outside S.C. Small world huh?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, hello there! Are you a student or just live in the area? Where do you shoot around here? Found anything relatively close other than Scotia?

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
Hey all, only posted a few times on here, but I lurk all the time.

<---SNIP--->

While I'm at it, I just want to thank you all for an awesome site. I'm a member of another gun forum and I hate it....

The first gun forum almost turned me away from them altogether. Between the Obama bashing, OC vs. CC arguments, ridiculous paranoia, and rants about 2A, there was nothing left pertaining to the guns themselves....
If you miss your dosage of 0bama-bashing love, ridiculous paranoia, and 2A rants, come on over to the Political View Forum... we can always use fresh blood, er, a fresh perspective! ;)

PS: What weapon(s) would you choose for repelling a Zombie onslaught?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I usually just shoot in my backyard, i live in port matilda and work in state college. my nearest neighbor is over a mile away. i used to go to scotia, but their rule about 3 rds in a mag kinda sucks. pm me if you wanna shoot sometime, theres a couple other places i go to shoot too.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I don't know about your state. PA is much "bluer" than Texas. We simply don't have things like registration and waiting periods here in Free America. Not sure about the laws in Occupied Amerika, but I don't think PA has any registration laws...even in liberal Philly.

Check with your state officials to be sure, though.

- brickboy240

1 - 9 of 9 Posts