Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the write ups, and watched the vids on DIY, mag release and slide stop release, but not sure I want to try. I am very mechanically inclined.
but dont want to render my XD useless.
so i need a decent priced smith here in town. I can find one pretty easy but would prefer, a recommendation, with experience.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had my winchest model 120 ranger repaired at ron peterson the smith there is pretty good.
P.S. it's located at 1block east of washington and central hope this helps.
Charles

·
Registered
455 Posts
Decent priced gunsmith-oxymoron?

I've had work done by two:

(1) the smith at Charlies Sporting Goods on Menual. Total cost was twice the listed price for the clip that broke; good news: he did a complete cleaning at the same time.

(2) Charley Robertson at ScoreHigh on Cochiti (has a web site) many years ago! He no longer lists any pistol services but his work was incredible!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had my winchest model 120 ranger repaired at ron peterson the smith there is pretty good.
P.S. it's located at 1block east of washington and central hope this helps.
Charles
thanks, I have bought a few guns there, but herd the smith was not the most capable???
Decent priced gunsmith-oxymoron?

I've had work done by two:

(1) the smith at Charlies Sporting Goods on Menual. Total cost was twice the listed price for the clip that broke; good news: he did a complete cleaning at the same time.

(2) Charley Robertson at ScoreHigh on Cochiti (has a web site) many years ago! He no longer lists any pistol services but his work was incredible!
I was looking at score high,s web sight, I think i will try them..
thanks guys.
EDIT..just called score high..they do not work on handguns any more.
I have heard of Charlies taking month's for even simple stuff..

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
In the long run you might be better served by sending it off. Should you be unable to find what you're looking for locally, there are several gunsmiths that support this website that have great credentials. The only one I have used, and recommend highly is ajamesp51 at

www.xd-hs2000.com

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the long run you might be better served by sending it off. Should you be unable to find what you're looking for locally, there are several gunsmiths that support this website that have great credentials. The only one I have used, and recommend highly is ajamesp51 at

www.xd-hs2000.com
yes he is very helpful, and I am sending my slide off to him soon, for sights

I actually found that a local place called Calibers, has a smith..2-3 day turn around and 25-30$ for slide stop and mag release..cant beat that

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update..I put the mag release in..and Calibers put the slide stop release in for 10$
took less than 24hrs..any one in Albuquerque how need service try Calibers..great guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts