We are hosting a church youth group bonfire/cookout/hangout this Saturday at our home. I have a shooting range and I have been asked if the kids could shoot guns. I said I am fine with that as long as we have signed consent forms from the parents and each kid has ear protection. I am expecting about 10 kids with the youngest being a 7th or 8th grader. My thoughts are in no particular order.
- Consent forms and ear protection.
- Go over 4 rules of safe gun handling.
- One kid at the shooting table at a time.
- One round in the gun at a time.
- Browning Buck Mark and maybe a rifle.
- Maybe a prize for the best shot or most improved.