Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my XD-40 2 weeks ago, its great. I need to get a holster, I was looking at a few at ajames "store" but being that I dont know exactly what I need I didnt know what to pick. Im going to be carrying mostly around town and my property other then that dont know what else. It is a bitone I dont know if certain holsters affect the finish. As always any help is useful.Have a budget of about 20 to 40 dollars that should narrow it down

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with a good pancake. I hear the Hume stuff is good. But I've decided on a VM2 or something similar.

·
Registered
173 Posts
moongoose26 said:
Im going to be carrying mostly around town and my property
Are you carrying concealed or open carry? The "Uncle Mike's" holsters are supposed to be very affordable. Also if you are looking to conceal it inside the waistband you may want to look at a molded holster so it is easier to re-holster one-handed.

·
Registered
533 Posts
take it from a guy who has experence with this, dont skimp on your first holster. I have a collection of about 6 or 7 holsters because I only wanted to spend 20 or 30 bucks. save a few more weeks and get some good leather for cary. If I would have done that I would not have spent so much on holsters I dont use.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
wJAKE19 said:
take it from a guy who has experence with this, dont skimp on your first holster. I have a collection of about 6 or 7 holsters because I only wanted to spend 20 or 30 bucks. save a few more weeks and get some good leather for cary. If I would have done that I would not have spent so much on holsters I dont use.
Been there done that. Got a whole drawer full of Uncle Mikes and and Fobus crap "I DONT LIKE" You might however. I like Galco and Ross as a good budget holster they have pancake holsters for the XD for about 50+. A friend of mine has a Desantis holster for his Glock, I think it is the "speed scabbard" I beleive they have them for the XD at about $60-$70. Check out Del Fattie not sure of spelling but he used to have a "things to consider when buying a holster) I found it usefull.

BTW I notice more wear on my finish with leather. But I 'USE" my guns

·
Registered
11 Posts
My opinion:

I see more wear from my Uncle Mikes than from any leather.

I really like www.front-line.co.il. I am left handed and holster options are a problem for me. I emailed Mollie at [email protected] and she contacted the Front-Line factory. They are custom making me a left hand conceal carry outside hip holster with paddle for $42. It even has a retention adjustment screw.

One would think she would want money up front for a custom setup? Nope, won't take my money until she ships the holster.

Just tell Mollie that the lefthanded guy from AZ sent you and she will take good care of you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts