Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, first time poster here and need some help.Typically I'm a hunter and have little experience in the tactical/self defense world. I have a XD 9mm which I don't shoot or practice with like I probably should. Anyway I bought a AWC "Abraxas" can, and some Remington HTP 147 grain sub-sonic bullets because I thought it be cool. Never really tried it out till a tactical course at my hunting club. WOW! Big embarrassment, wouldn't cycle but one or two bullets. One of the instructors popped by said "can issue", and walked off. Tried without the suppressor and worked and with the can with regular ammo and also ok but the can with the subsonic ammo was not.

A friend said might need a different spring? Anyway, I would like to use the 9mm with can I bought and with subsonic bullets, but definitely to work especially under a stressful situation. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Noticed this was your first post.

1. Most handgun suppressors require a booster. Some are called "neilsen devices", etc.

Do you have a booster on your suppressor?

2. If the handgun isn't cycling the brand ammo that you are using without the suppressor, there are more issues than just the suppressor.

Some guns won't feed certain taper bullets. Wadcutter/flat tips and hollow points are notorious for causing feed issues in the grand scheme of things.

Personally, in all of my 9mm suppressed guns, I use standard round nose bullets just because that's how 9mm was originally designed and they seem to work better with them than anything else. Any 147 grain or 158 grain round nose will be subsonic.

You didn't say "how" the gun wasn't working with them, just that they weren't, so more info is needed whether they're not firing when chambered, not ejecting, not feeding, short stroking, what are they doing that is causing the gun to malfunction?

3. What brand threaded barrel did you use? Reason I ask, there are many who have had problems with the EFK Firedragon barrels.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I just got my can out of ATF jail (AAC TiRant) it works well on everything I've put through it on both Glock and M&P 9. Sub's are hand loads with a 147 gr plated bullet and 4.2 grs of Bullseye. The M&P has a Wilson barrel, the Glock has a Lone Wolf.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts