Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1143 Posts

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thought came to mind just now (yeah, a rare occurence)... I was sitting here at work looking at a map of the world, and I wondered something:

What's our forum's geographic coverage? Like do we have members in EVERY state? I know we have a sh!tload of members in TX, FL, CA, etc.. and barely anyone in DE.... Also, what other countries are represented here on our friendly HS2k/XD talk forum? We have to have some members who live overseas, since this is on the world wide web.

I know it would be next to impossible to figure it all out, and would take a long time to create a graphic map as to membership location (considering we have almost 10,000 members), but it was my thought for the moment. LOL. I have the capabilities here to do such an endeavor (and even the interest), but not the time.

Any ideas, or even any interest, to creating such a map, strictly for curiosity's sake? Or any ideas as to a good purpose for such a thing?

Let me know. Or, just flame away. :wink:

EDITED TO ADD: Well, it seems some people liked the idea, and started a map for our happy XD group here. Please go here and add your name and location to the database. Thanks!!

http://www.frappr.com/xdforummembers

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I think it would be cool. It would be doubly interesting to see what happens with it on an annual basis. see where the affliction is spreading and how fast. :)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
If everyone put at least their state in their profile, it should be simple to dump out the # per state...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Take your pick.

I "live" in Colorado.

However, I seem to be gone almost as much as home at the moment. If things keep going as they look, I will be home maybe 1 1/2 weeks out of the last 5.

Right now I am in Germany (Hamburg).

-Dana

·
Registered
477 Posts
dave_in_delaware said:
Any ideas, or even any interest, to creating such a map, strictly for curiosity's sake? Or any ideas as to a good purpose for such a thing?

Let me know. Or, just flame away. :wink:
Here is a site to do just that.

http://www.frappr.com/

Its free, someone just needs to create the group and then post the link to the group and everyone can add them self to the map. Some of the other forums I go to use it.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I just added myself. Interesting map site. I had forgotten all about it. I had signed up on there w/ a different name for online gaming.

Now, to pass the word on to others here... :?

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Neat idea! Thanks for the link, I'm in.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i'm in...though a few miles away...big zip area

mike

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Cool idea...I assume we'll be able to get this stickied so we can look folks up when we need to.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow... 17 so far. Last time I looked (2 hours ago?) there were only 9.

KEEP THE UPDATES COMING!!!

And, hey... where are the women?? I know there are females on the forum, too! Oh, wait. Maybe they don't WANT us to know where they live. LOL :lol: :twisted:

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I wanna give a shoutout to all my Gs in the XDtalk house Yo!

:lol:

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
OMG! Ed is really Ronald Regan! :shock: That means he's not dead.

1 - 20 of 1143 Posts