Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coupla weeks ago my sub rusted on me, spotted rust on the left side of the slide, back of the slide where the loaded chamber indicator is, and the inside-top of the slide release. how do i get my warranty cashed in for a new finish?

·
Registered
889 Posts
You could send it back to Springfield, or you could rub the rust off with a rag and some oil, and then keep it oiled.
My Service Modle rusted after I tossed it my tool box in my truck and left it there for a week, rubbed the rust off with a oily rag, and now carry it every day and the rust hasn't come back since.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I can just imagine a subcompact rusted firmly to your side. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does it still function properly?
havent shot it yet.

Take some pics email them to megan at Springfield-armory.com.Get an rma send it in and wait a month.Or oil and keep using or send to canyon creek or ajames and have it coated
cool thanks, hey whats the deal with that blue slide xd.
never seen one like it.
i think its wierd and cool at the same time.
why did you choose that color, and post more pics of it please.

I can just imagine a subcompact rusted firmly to your side.
hey whatsup overkill, long time no see

you could send it back to Springfield, or you could rub the rust off with a rag and some oil, and then keep it oiled.
My Service Modle rusted after I tossed it my tool box in my truck and left it there for a week, rubbed the rust off with a oily rag, and now carry it every day and the rust hasn't come back since
ill try that thanks man

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
The blue sub is quite a story.I want to Old school's group shoot in IL.
I have been hooked on comp. shooting since at the end we drew name for prizes and I won a gun-kote from canyon-creek.So as long as it was free lets be differnt.I looked at all the gun-kote color and I like blue so had Rich special order it and Do a 4# carry trigger as long as it was thier.
When I got it back I opened th box and was :shock:

I was shocked kinda ugly but no fear I had lauquer sticks from ajames

Love those tfo's

Rich's Trigger are the best and that gun-kote looks sweet.Even ordering in a special color I had it back in less than two-weeks :D
Been considering a red or blue fusion for my tactical :? Or Hard chrome tough choice either way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts