Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Ive been wanting a P6 for awhile now and finally have the money. I cant find them at a decent price anywhere, who can help me out?

I know I waited to long but I really want one now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I know I waited to long but I really want one now.

Thanks!
I think your window has passed. I wish now that I bought two. I've been telling a guy I know for months about the P6 and how he should get one. Finally today he actually looked at mine and is all hot to buy one.

It's been awhile since I bought mine and like you mentioned, they are not to be had. I checked Aim, Centerfire, Buds, Dans Ammo, Top Gun Supply, CDNN. ZIP - NADA and if they had one it looks like the price went way up.

Ya might find one at a pawn shop but good luck finding one cheap.

Oh well, the chosen one is spreading the wealth to all the gun shops before he gives us all the green weenie. Buy what you can while you can.
Freedom is never cheap but always worth the price.

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
Not trying to be a dicque, but I got luckier than hell a few weeks back and found one on the chat forums. Guy was local to me. Tossed the guy $200 and an old pocket knife for a Cherry P6, two mags, factory box, unopened box of Federal HST's, and a P6 rebuild kit.

Keep scanning the Forums, check every day. A lot of people bought them and do not use them. I will snap up the next one I find.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not trying to be a dicque, but I got luckier than hell a few weeks back and found one on the chat forums. Guy was local to me. Tossed the guy $200 and an old pocket knife for a Cherry P6, two mags, factory box, unopened box of Federal HST's, and a P6 rebuild kit.

Keep scanning the Forums, check every day. A lot of people bought them and do not use them. I will snap up the next one I find.

Toss another tanker a cookie the next time you find one :mrgreen:

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just found someone with 300 on order, a tad over 100 have been reserved. I just pre-ordered one for 293.48 shipped to my FFL. That comes with the holster and 2 mags. I was told that most of the guns they had recieved showed holster wear but very little sign (if any) of being fired.

Its not your 200.00 deal Sig225 but its not too bad I guess.

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
Here's the one that I found. I have every gun forum bookmarked, and SCOUR them daily. Look for ads like these...... He kept coming down on the price in the PM's, and I finally decided to part with one of my older Cold Steels to make the trade work. Heck the HST's that came with it, are like $25.00 or more, now.

WTS - SIG P6 + Extras (NE Ohio) - Glock Talk

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Wow...the P6s are drying up...aren't they?

Well, thats a really nice one and I'll bet you'll love it.

I am starting a search for a nice W. German P226, but the price on anything hi-cap has gotten grazy.

- Brickboy240

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
I'm glad I grabbed one of the $259 P6's from AIM surplus while they were available. I stuck a set of cheap eBay wood grips on it, swapped in a 19 lb spring, and it's perfect. No need for fancy refinishing, short triggers, night sights, Nill grips, aluminum grips, or any of that. It goes bang every time with FMJ and every HP I've yet tried, and it's more accurate than my current level of skill can match.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I was going through a divorce and im a single dad now so the extra money was not around. I am setting some aside for one before I lose the chance to get one reasonably priced. Its 279.00 + shipping which is still great for this pistol.

I want to customize it for carry but im half tempted to order a second one.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just wanted to pass this on:

I sent an email to Dans asking if more would be imported and they replied
"MAYBE" the first part of the year.

I too am glad I got in early and it's all because of this forum. I found out about the P6s and the Pacmeyer grips here first. It's amazing to me because I will read about something gun or news related here a few days before the rest of the world starts talking about it.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Guys dont panic... I have it from a pretty reliable source that at least one major city /state in germany have not yet turned in their P6s and will do so most likely in Jan or Feb of next year so there should be at least one more rather large wave of them. Plus I think both AIM and Centerfire both expect shipments before the end of the year

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys dont panic... I have it from a pretty reliable source that at least one major city /state in germany have not yet turned in their P6s and will do so most likely in Jan or Feb of next year so there should be at least one more rather large wave of them. Plus I think both AIM and Centerfire both expect shipments before the end of the year
I ordered mine from Centerfire, if you want one, you better jump on it now cause they are expecting them in.

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
I just found someone with 300 on order, a tad over 100 have been reserved. I just pre-ordered one for 293.48 shipped to my FFL. That comes with the holster and 2 mags. I was told that most of the guns they had recieved showed holster wear but very little sign (if any) of being fired.

Its not your 200.00 deal Sig225 but its not too bad I guess.
i paid $259 from centerfire systems in late feb or early march. Thats a fair price considering inflation, and a little more demand now, its still a deal at $300. say 5-6% inflation its been 8 months, thats around 20 bucks so its very fair ballpark.

that $259 was not including shipping and FFL i think shipping was $20, and my FFL was only $15 (he has since raised his price) so i paid $285 out the door.

and that was the cheapest at the time, most other retailers were selling $269 and some were calling theres a select grade or some BS and they were up to $299 at dans ammo, and i think even in the spring a few joints were asking like $310.

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
I wish there was a way to find out the service history of mine. Great gun at a great price. Would love to know where it was carried.
west germany !

sorry couldnt resist. I havent heard a way to look up service history, if you like that sorta of thing i heard allot of the K31 swiss milsurplu srifles come with a tag with the soldiers name and something else, i am sure youll find out if you look into it a big more. Plus the k31 supposedly has the nicest trigger of any surplus rifle, *austin powers voice* if thats your bag, baby)

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i paid $259 from centerfire systems in late feb or early march. Thats a fair price considering inflation, and a little more demand now, its still a deal at $300. say 5-6% inflation its been 8 months, thats around 20 bucks so its very fair ballpark.

that $259 was not including shipping and FFL i think shipping was $20, and my FFL was only $15 (he has since raised his price) so i paid $285 out the door.

and that was the cheapest at the time, most other retailers were selling $269 and some were calling theres a select grade or some BS and they were up to $299 at dans ammo, and i think even in the spring a few joints were asking like $310.
I completely agree with you but Im still going to pick up another one if I can find a better deal. :mrgreen: Im a Sig addict, I have 2 P229's and a SP2340, I would like to pick up a P220 sometime. I had a 226 but traded it for NIB XD40 Tac several years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
I completely agree with you but Im still going to pick up another one if I can find a better deal. :mrgreen: Im a Sig addict, I have 2 P229's and a SP2340, I would like to pick up a P220 sometime. I had a 226 but traded it for NIB XD40 Tac several years ago.

Buds has Police trade ins

226s for 389
228s for 449

These are delivered prices so all that remains would be whatever your ffl charges for transfers

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
yeah i have no need but its pure lust making me want a 10mm glock, a 226 like you, but most of all i want a 10mm dan wesson 1911, and a p220.

there are to many guns i dont own to be doubling up on a p6.

you do have good taste though.:)

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah i have no need but its pure lust making me want a 10mm glock, a 226 like you, but most of all i want a 10mm dan wesson 1911, and a p220.

there are to many guns i dont own to be doubling up on a p6.

you do have good taste though.:)
Thanks, I just wonder if we will be able to keep all the guns we have
(had :cool:) or if someone will try and take them. My collection is (was:cool:) large enough that I have storage problems at times. I have a friend whos wife wants to buy him a P6 but doesnt have the money for it right now. I guess I'll order a second one and let her give it to him for christmas, she can pay me back when her taxes come in. Oh well, I'll get back to paying bills and buying some ammo here and there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts