Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, my friend brought over a new quick release rear takedown pin for my AR-10 the other day and I took my rifle apart but didn't put it back together with either pin. Today I decided I want to take it to the farm to shoot it with my dad (who I rarely get to see) so I used the new TDP. The problem is there is a LOT of play now, enough that I could put the head of a standard screwdriver between the receivers (or possibly a thin butter knife all the way through). I would just swap to the regular TDP but it is GONE! No idea where it went but I'm guessing my friend's kid grabbed off the workbench (my coffee table lol) the other night when they were over here.

So, my question: With the added pivot play due to what I'm guessing is a smaller diameter rear pin, will this cause any dangerous or damaging problems while firing the rifle? I'm leaving in 30 minutes so hopefully someone can answer by then. If not, I'm not going to risk it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I was worried the recoil from the .308 would hammer on the RTDP and wallow out the pin holes on the lower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts