Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone PLEASE recomend a nice horizontal single magazine holster. I have searched the internet everywhere and I cant find one I like.....all I can find is one with velcro on it an I would rather avoid the velcro pouch, any suggestions... If not a horizontal holder, than A nice single vertical holder that is concealable.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its wierd I can't find any anywhere.... Is there no market for the Horizontal style mag holsters? It seems to me a great idea. Why are more companies not on board with this? Is it just me or would anyone else find these useful?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have that one, nice, but too thick, heavy leather, sticks out too much, expensive too.

After searching high and low, here's the one I use, and I'm thinking about getting another one, just in case they quit making it.

Safariland Model 123 Horiz Magazine Holder. Totally concealable under normal untucked golf type shirt on my weak side back hip. Holds 16 round XD (with boot) for my XD SC just fine. 9mm or .40. Maybe .45, I dunno, never handled one of them. Under twenty bucks. And mag is totally concealed within it, unlike the Galco.

There is another rather intriguing one through the Suarez folks, but pricier, shows the mag, AND seems to me would be about as thick as the Galco, but it's hard to say in that regard without having one in hand.

Joab Horizontal Magazine Pouch - DALE-JOAB-MAG POUCH

- OS

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you OhShoot for the reply, I had previoulsy seen pictures of all the models you printed above but thank you anyways. I think that the more I think about it I am gonna just buy the Safariland velcro version. I dont really like how on the Galco Holster the magazine sticks out and is uncovered. All the other ones seem to be too bulky for me. thanks again

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thank you OhShoot for the reply, I had previoulsy seen pictures of all the models you printed above but thank you anyways. I think that the more I think about it I am gonna just buy the Safariland velcro version. I dont really like how on the Galco Holster the magazine sticks out and is uncovered. All the other ones seem to be too bulky for me. thanks again
My pleasure. I think you'll like it fine, since I do, and I'm pretty persnickety about gear.

I worked the XD boot/spacer thing on the 16 rounder slightly down into the mouth of the carrier to get plenty of grab on the end and all has been well. Been wearing it about a month, can take it off or just leave it on for next day if wearing same pants. Pretty quick deployment of the mag.

Velcro holds very well so far, both the belt part and the mag part. Fits up to 1.75 belt and I have one (but don't wear it all the time) and on it, even though there's less "grab room" on the velcro it still is secure. Can actually slide it back and forth between belt loops once it's on to tune to sweet spot. It is leather, btw, thin leather.

And yeah, I just ordered another one for the future, just in case! Since I don't think I'll ever find anything better.

CopsPlus, btw, is probably as good as anywhere, 16.80 (6.92 shipping, though, about average I guess). The drop down selector just shows "Springfield XD 40" but of course it's fine for 9mm also.

best,
- OS

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I just placed my order with copsplus.com Thank you for all the advice. It was like 24 bucks after shipping not bad. If you don't mind I have one more question. So how does it attach to the belt? It is kind of hard to tell from the pictures I have seen.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yea I just placed my order with copsplus.com Thank you for all the advice. It was like 24 bucks after shipping not bad. If you don't mind I have one more question. So how does it attach to the belt? It is kind of hard to tell from the pictures I have seen.
Caught me just as I was leaving site...

It wraps around belt. I put it on after pulling on pants, but of course you could do it before. Flat width of leather is part of the carrier body, is tapered and slips up behind belt and over the front. The "hook" part of velcro is on that part, "loop" part is on front of carrier. This way faces mag toward front on your left side or toward back on right side. Starting the flap over the top of the belt first and under to attach would face it the opposite way on either side. You'll see.

Give us your review once you've worn it a day or two...cheers.

- OS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts