Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a paddle holster for my xd9sc. I do not want kydex as all the kydex paddles I have tried stick out too far and are not concealable. I don't care if it has a thumb strap or not, only that it is easy to take on and off and holds very close to the body.

Thanks!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Check out the Safariland line. I had a Safariland 5181 for my G17 and it was great...it is Kydex, but it is suede lined, and held very tight to the body. My favorite paddle I've owned was by Ross Leather for my G26, but due to the thickness of the leather it was pretty fat, but it was shaped perfectly and worked very well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked out Safariland holsters, unfortunately they don't make a paddle for the xd9sc (3"), only 4" and 5".

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am a huge fan of Don Hume holsters. I use the H720 open top paddle with my XD-45 tac. It rides high and tight and is very comfortable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all I'm new to the forum I need some advice on buying a paddle Holster for my XD-9 Subcompact I looking for some one who has bought the bladetek paddle holster as will as the blackhawk and willin the take all advice on all paddle holsters I Dont like leather to much I perfer Kydex
please help me find the right holster for me :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
any other input on this as I am looking for a holster as well. My friend got one for his xdsc .40 but he ended up cutting it down because it was too long.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hello all I'm new to the forum I need some advice on buying a paddle Holster for my XD-9 Subcompact I looking for some one who has bought the bladetek paddle holster as will as the blackhawk and willin the take all advice on all paddle holsters I Dont like leather to much I perfer Kydex
please help me find the right holster for me :confused:
I have an Uncle Mikes kydex for my .40, and my Berreta 9mm. They are very comfortable, and fits very! secure to your pants. You can ajust cant, and tension. I can hold my .40 upside down with a fully loaded magazine, and shake it as hard as I can. The gun will not fall, yet I can brandish it no problem. It does leave a little kydex on the slide, but does come off no problem and no scratches. Paid about $23 for it. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a Fobus and although it was easy to get the holster in and out of my pants, the guy at the store told me that they were somewhat "universal" holsters and I had to sit there like a dope and put the gun in and out of the holster like 100 times to help it mold. It bothered me that I may have difficulty drawing the gun if I needed to. It even slowed me down during tactical run and gun. Then I found and fell in love with a Blackhawk holster. It was 15 bucks more but fits the gun EXACTLY and thats what matters. The gun comes out first time every time no drama. It clicks in and has a thumb lock. I cut off the one little tab that goes inside the pants and its perfect! Here outside of Philly I paid $44 for it. Hope that helps. Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also, as you do your trial and error along the way, finding out what works for you - keep the packaging for EVERYTHING that you buy. I deal with a really cool gun store who is willing to trade in my very slightly used stuff and give me store credit towards what I want at the moment. It makes it easier for the gun store to sell it if you have the packaging and save your money because most accessories are non returnable but you can damn sure trade stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Then I found and fell in love with a Blackhawk holster. It was 15 bucks more but fits the gun EXACTLY and thats what matters. The gun comes out first time every time no drama. It clicks in and has a thumb lock. I cut off the one little tab that goes inside the pants and its perfect! Here outside of Philly I paid $44 for it. Hope that helps. Tom

can you give me the model of this mariomick, my friend has one but it is too big for the subcompact and he had to cut it down on the barrel/slide portion of the holster, maybe yours is different?

·
Registered
31 Posts
C1352 is the model number, its made for the XD subcompact and it rocks. $44.95 is retail. Its awesome, especially if u knock that 1 little nub off (youll understand if u buy it, i wear mine with jeans)

·
Registered
31 Posts
pr1me - DISREGARD LAST POST - this is it, i dug out the box for ya (my nephew checked his glock blackhawk holster and they all say C1352 - WTF!!!)

410507BK-R (Blackhawk CQC SERPA HLSTR)

CQC = close quarters concealment / matte finish

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have both a Safariland for my 1911 and a Blackhawk Sepra for my XD45C.
I cut the Safariland from 5" to 4". It took awhile but worked out great
Both are great holsters

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Not sure if this will help in your decision but I have a Fobus SP 11B paddle that fits both XD9 and XD40 Tactical. I think I paid around $18 - 20. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts