Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got rid of a kel-Tef pf9 it FTF and FTE after the first few hundred rounds.Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement ?

JOHN

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I just got rid of a kel-Tef pf9 it FTF and FTE after the first few hundred rounds.Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement ?

JOHN
Kahr CM/PM9. The PM9 works for me but I wouldn't consider it a true pocket pistol. It is close in size to the PF9.

·
Registered
609 Posts
well i just picked up the ruger LC9, haven't shot it yet but it sure does feel nice in the hand. i need to clean all the factory goop out of it then it will be going to the range with me on saturday. i will let you know how it shoots

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Kimber Solo

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
I carry a PM9. With the more recent release of the CM9, I would consider that before dropping the extra $$ for the PM9. I personally haven't shot one yet but I hope to find one at the range some day in the hands of a fellow Kahr owner.....maybe with some luck. :)

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Walther pps. Never shot one but its a pocket 9mm!
The PPS is NOT a pocket pistol. It's considerably larger than the Kahr PM. I own a PPS as well as a PM9. The PM9 is about the largest pistol I would want for a pocket pistol and the one I would recommend to the OP.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
The PPS is NOT a pocket pistol. It's considerably larger than the Kahr PM. I own a PPS as well as a PM9. The PM9 is about the largest pistol I would want for a pocket pistol and the one I would recommend to the OP.
+1 I do not own a PPS but a friend I shoot with does. It may be a very nice smaller pistol but calling it a pocket pistol is a bit of a stretch.

·
Registered
481 Posts
+100 on the Kahr PM/CM 9s......The PM is my EDC for summer (in my pocket) and my brother bought the CM, same carry method. The CM wasn't available when I bought mine or I would have saved some cash and purchased it. Great guns!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Another vote for the Kahr PM9/CM9

I have a CM9 and after working out some issues with carry ammo (all ammo nothing wrong with the gun itself) it is my EDC in my pocket.

·
Registered
895 Posts
i vote pm/cm9, i have a diamond black pm9 and love it, very very quality feel and very very tight, infact so tight that they need broken in at least 200 rounds before considered reliable, once those 200 or so rounds are through it operates increadibly smooth. for a small frame full caliber ccw weapon there should be no other choice(until SA releases something to compete.... hint hint SA!!!!!!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have shot pocket Kahr's, Sig's and the the Ruger LC9 and love them all...hard to say which to go with. Also depends on your budget. I might get yelled at for this suggestion, but I just picked up a Diamondback DB9 for less than $350. I know that they have had mixed reviews, but all issues seem to have been resolved with the new magazine followers and the later serial numbered 9mm's. I just put 150 rounds through my brand new DB9 today and absolutely love it. You'll be hard pressed to find something smaller and lighter and after shooting mine today, I have complete faith in it's abilities. Just my .02 =)

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I would say the Kahr PM9/CM9 too. I have a PM9 with the underslung Crimson Trace laser, and I have stopped carrying larger guns! I carry the PM9 in a DeSantis pocket holster and it just all fits right. It shoots pretty well too!

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I picked up a CM9 last week. Davidson's got a few in stock (over 100), but they didn't even last a day. Finally made it out to the range on Sunday and put the first hundred rounds through. All I can say is awesome and I was extremely impressed. No FTF/FTE so far in the break in process, but I did rack the slide something like 200 times before going to the range. The trigger is excellent and I'm amazed at how light/soft the recoil is. IMHO, the CM9 would be hard to beat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts