Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get a slant muzzle brake off a Yugo M70BA1. We were able to get a 1/2 to 3/4 turn on the thing, but now it seems locked in place. We have tried to use a long pair of channel-lock pliers on it, to no effect. The pliers just slipped around the muzzle brake. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no flats for a wrench to fit on it. They are supposed to be finger tight, I thought, and retained by a spring detent. It was not turning without the effort of a wrench from the start.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Century uses new Green Mountain barrels for their Yugos.

The threads may be a little "off".

My Yugo was the same way. I had to use some leather scraps and some channel locks to clamp down and put my a** into it.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
You know AK threads are backwards right? Left-hand? Did you try to leftie-loosie it and just torque it down? :) Also, some have a little pin you push in, but if you got it turned 1/2 a rotation it probably doesn't have the pin retainer plunger thing.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are you friggen kidding me? turn it to the right? thats how the dam commies planned on defeating us?

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
are you friggen kidding me? turn it to the right? thats how the dam commies planned on defeating us?
It worked up until now, didn't it? :lol:

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
well did going the other way work?

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes, thank you guys very much, it did. We let a soldering iron lay on it, and cranked it with little effort, in the wrong direction. Which was the right direction. Damn commies.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
yes, thank you guys very much, it did. We let a soldering iron lay on it, and cranked it with little effort, in the wrong direction. Which was the right direction. Damn commies.
they did their part, you didn't do yours. 'Always read, follow, and understand the manufacturer's directions before attempting any repairs or servicing the item.' And also, the dead give away should have been...'muzzle device for 14/1 LH threads' :cool:

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
That's just funny. Glad I found out before I did the same thing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
It's a rite of passage:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts