• AK-47

• 12g Bird Gun

• AMMO!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so it's my birthday next month and I told the wife I will start buying "only" one gun a year on my birthday. ;)

The only problem is I do not know what I want to get! :rolleyes:

I have things covered fairly well at the moment.

The only "gaps" I have are:
No bolt action .22lr
No long bbl "bird gun" 12g
No AK-47
OPTICS for AR's or NICE GLASS for my 30-06

I am running Iron Sights on both AR's. I have a so-so scope on my Savage 30-06. I would like to put some NICE glass with at least a 12x on it.

I am also wanting to get a .22lr conversion for at least one AR, the CMMG runs $199. That is an easy purchase later. A Savage Mk2 is a little over $200, again not bad later on. A 12g I am sure I can find in a pawn shop for some what cheap. So I am thinking about an XDm in .40 or an Aimpoint with a Larue mount. 8) I do have a Service 40 and a Sub compact 40 already....

What do you think?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I went with the AK based on the fact that you might not be able to get them in the near future, and they are still fairly priced at the moment.
TOJAZ

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with the AK based on the fact that you might not be able to get them in the near future, and they are still fairly priced at the moment.
TOJAZ
I do have a SKS and some 7.62x39 too....;)

I do not want to add another caliber to what I have going already, so the AK fits. ;)

·
Premium Member
127,795 Posts
AK because every self-respecting guy here on the NET needs at least one.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AK because every self-respecting guy here on the NET needs at least one.
Hmmmm. That hurt....:(

I only hope if I go for an AK that I can find one in good shape for a "deal". :roll:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hmmmm. That hurt....:(

I only hope if I go for an AK that I can find one in good shape for a "deal". :roll:
SOG has been selling some pretty clean AK's lately, nothing rare or anything but its an AK. I wouldn't call them the deal of the century but the last flyer I got had them priced pretty fair considering the market. If you give the extra $10 for the handpick you'll get a decent one.
TOJAZ

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SOG has been selling some pretty clean AK's lately, nothing rare or anything but its an AK. I wouldn't call them the deal of the century but the last flyer I got had them priced pretty fair considering the market. If you give the extra $10 for the handpick you'll get a decent one.
TOJAZ
I see they are dealer only. I'll have my local fun shop check on them for me.
Or what range is their pricing on the AK's? Pm me if you would like.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
22lr bolt gun! i just bought a savage mark II FV. fun to shoot and cheap.

or an AK

·
Registered
148 Posts
I say AK because I think that they are going to dissapear in the wake of the new "CHANGE" that is coming

1 - 14 of 14 Posts