Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up this gun a month or so ago and haven't done anything to it other than clean it.

I've never really done any gun upgrades etc on my own but figure this would be the perfect platform to begin with.

My first order of business will be a PRP trigger kit. I've watched the install videos a few times and it seems like something I can do as long as I have the right tools.

What else? Talon grip on the way

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
You already have my top two modifications. You will love the Talon grips.

Send it to James for a set of night sights.

A good gun belt.

Get a Fobus paddle OWB holster and matching magazine carrier for the range.

Extra magazines - Springfield is having a 30% off sale on now.

Ammo.

·
Banned
0 Posts
You could try your hands at duracoat.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
You could try your hands at duracoat.
No no paint on a fighting gun

Prp talon grips holster
Trijicon HDs or truglo TFOs

Carry mags and practice mags

Ammo

Slip2000ewl

More ammo

Loctite/paint pen/regularly check your gear. A gun falling off your belt is unacceptable

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I guess the real question is, what is your intended uses for the gun. Is it just a range toy? Or a gun you plan on using to defend yourself?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Prp grips. Either the rubber or extreme grips. A good gun belt, bladetech holster and extra magazines. Then go to your nearest USPSA Match and shoot. Best thing I ever did. So much fun.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Range toy I'd rather throw in an ultimate match trigger by prp. I am partial to talon grips over prp. Definitely sights. The Dawson sights are nice, but I usually go trijicon for night sights. Lots of mags! Nice holster, probably leather for a range gun. Mag pouches. If I wanted to go further, maybe a barstow barrel. Really depends on how much money you want to spend.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No no paint on a fighting gun
No paint on a fighting gun? Please explain why you think this....

Prp grips. Either the rubber or extreme grips.
An alternative to grips is Stippling. I fell in love with the XDM partially for its looks and mostly because of the way it felt in my hand. Grips can change that. I recently had my gun stippled, which is a proccess where they use a heatgun to create a griptape like texture in the polymer. All the added grip, with no change to the ergonomics.

Pics here....
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-m-discussion-room-xd-m/256564-woohoo-10-posts-time-show-off.html

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ended up with putting a Talon grip on so far...sights may be next. I do like the Trijicon with the orange front sight

·
Banned
0 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
No paint on a fighting gun? Please explain why you think this....

An alternative to grips is Stippling. I fell in love with the XDM partially for its looks and mostly because of the way it felt in my hand. Grips can change that. I recently had my gun stippled, which is a proccess where they use a heatgun to create a griptape like texture in the polymer. All the added grip, with no change to the ergonomics.

Pics here....
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-m-discussion-room-xd-m/256564-woohoo-10-posts-time-show-off.html
I think stippling is a great thing for a gun you plan to keep for a very long time. But if you ever go to sell it you are basically cutting your buyers pool in half. Stippling is something people either really like or really dislike.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Stippling can look nice if done right but I wouldn't want it on mine. I stippled a guys glock for him to cover up some damage to the grip area it came out nice but I still can't bring myself to do it again. I'll just keep to the talons and prp extremes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts