Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I've only had my XD service model in .40cal for about a month now and I am contemplating my next purchase.
My father in law has a Glock 19 which I have shot and like
So first question and I am 99.9% sure I know the answer to this question.
Glock or XD?
I know I want a 9mm so the caliber is already figured out.

I am still trying to decide on a compact or service model
I don’t yet have my CCW but plan on getting it in the near future and was wondering how much easier it is to carry the compact over the service model
The sub compact is out since my hands are too large

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I think the G19 is one of those guns that everyone should own. I don't shoot mine as much as I used to since migrating to the M&P but I will always have one. If you're comfortable with the grip I say get the G19.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I carry my xd40 service everyday. it all depends on your size and type of clothing you wear. the glock 19 is just slightly smaller then a service xd. it is very similar to an xdm 3.8. they are nearly identical. i own both guns and would recommend both. when you want to shoot xd you have one and when you want to shoot glock you have one of those too.. a variety of firearms is never a bad thing

·
Registered
670 Posts
Go with whatever you shoot/like best. I'd say go with the compact because it'll be that much easier to conceal and you don't really lose any accuracy. Can't go wrong with a Glock 19 or a Springfield.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
There's nothing saying if you buy an XD first that that is the only pistol you're ever allowed to own.

If you like a Glock, get a Glock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not in your list but I urge you to try a CZ 75 before deciding. ;)
Can't go wrong with a CZ-75 or Glock 19. Both are very nice, versatile pistols.

I think everyone needs a good 9mm in their collection so you can still shoot semi affordably during those annoying ammo shortages.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Although I have Glocks and XD's, I do prefer Glocks. That said, XD's are fine guns - reliable and very shootable. My suggestion is you go to a gun store and handle a Glock 17, 19 &26. Then handle some some XD's. Decide which feels the best and has the best point of aim. If the store has guns for rent, all the better.

However, since WE are spending your money, get a Springfield EMP chambered in 9mm.

Just my thoughts. Good luck with the choice.

·
Registered
124 Posts
you've had your new xd for month and you are worried about your next gun purchase. well ok but I wonder why. Have you mastered the xd .40 and it is so easy it's boring? Or you can't hit sh## with it so you think a new gun will help? I say spend the money on ammo or better yet on reloading equipment so you can practice and become a decent shot with one before trying to learn a bunch at once

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Forget another gun for now. Spend that money on training, and do
It with the gun you have.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Forget another gun for now. Spend that money on training, and do
It with the gun you have.
Agreed! Spoils that fun of having a new toy and something coming in the mail. But NewBlackDak is correct. I went through the same thing you're going through not too long ago. I decided to stop and actually start shooting my gun more often instead of saving up for the next purchase.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am kind of in the same boat as Bummy. I have only had my XDm .40 for about 3 weeks, and am already looking into my next purchase. Not because I feel as if I have mastered it and am bored, but because I would like a variety when I am shooting/carrying. I have been interested in the SC 9mm, and originally wanted to get a SC .40, but decided to just go Compact for the first. I am not so much in a bind, as much as I am wanting to expand my skills. I will definitely be taking more classes/ seeking more coaching to better my abilities

1 - 12 of 12 Posts