Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a XD40 Service and LOVE IT!! Now my dad is looking into a new pistol. He is set on getting a small frame 38 revolver, but I think he would be well off with a XD40 Subcompact with the peirce finger extension.

How do I convence an old fart that loves his wheelguns to step into the new age with an XD SC??

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Take him to the range where they rent one and let him fire away, if the don't have one to rent let him shoot yours and let him know it'll be quite similar in the compact.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Let him shoot your pistol. If he still wants a small frame revolver after that then he should get one.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I wouldnt try to convince him on anything if he already has his mind set. I love my XD, but I also love my 38 revolver. If he feels more comfortable with the wheel gun, let him be happy with it.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that he needs what feels good to him, and what he is most comfortable with.

If I can get the old man out to the range Im gonna MAKE him shoot my XD, and let it do the talking.

I forgot to mention in the above post that my dad is a lefty, so that is impacting his choice aswell. what have you lefty shooters found out there that works for you???

Thanx

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wouldn't try to convince him otherwise. Shoot whatever you're comfortable and accurate with. I'd let him put a few rounds through it anyhow just for the hell of it.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
There's nothing wrong with a good revolver.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I agree with those who think pushing the XD on your dad is probably not the best idea. Let him shoot it, point out the features you like, and let him decide for himself.

I have both an XD and a small frame .38 and like them both. If he decides he wants the revolver, I would suggest that he consider a 357, that way he can practice with the less expensive .38 round, and still shoot the 357.

Raymond

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jalley said:
There's nothing wrong with a good revolver.
I never said there was, as you can see in my sig I have a 357 Colt Trooper too. I don't want it to seem like im pushing him tward the XD, I just think as far as home defence is concerned it is a great gun. I figure I'll take him to the range later this week and we'll rent a couple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts