Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few things here for my WASR-10

1. I am looking for a stainless steal bolt carrier assembly. Where can I find this part??? Can I use my bolt thats on now with it???

2. I am looking into Moly Resin to make the metal look better, where can I get this??? Give me a brief overveiw of how it is done.

3. I am looking for a red dot sight, what should I get???

I am looking at somthing like this

AimShot Red Panoramic HOLOgraphic Sights HG-M1 and HG-D1 w/ FREE UPS HGM1 HGD1

AimShot Red Panoramic HOLOgraphic Sights HG-M1 and HG-D1 w/ FREE UPS HGM1 HGD1

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
i think yugo's and chinease rifles have SS bolt carriers,

as far as the moly resin goes, i beleve its just sprayed on then baked at a certain temp like Gun kote.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Just polish your carrier, some Chinese and Yugo rifle bolt carriers are just 'in the white' but the way they heat treat/temper them makes the corrosion resistant without needing a finish, just like Mosin bolts.

Moly resin can be baked or left to air dry..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Unless you CAD up a bolt carrier and have it milled out of stainless you're not going to find one, they don't exist.

Moly Resin is nice if you can do it correctly. You'd have to sand blast the whole gun, clean it (to the point you can eat off of it), get an air compressor and air brush, spray the gun then bake it in an oven that's outside and you don't use for food. SIMPLE. It's a lot easier to mess this up than to do it correctly. It's really not worth the effort on A) a wasr and B) a gun that's already finished. Just get some Brownell's Alumihide (sp) and spray it up.

How do you plan to mount the holo sight? If you're using one of those mounts on the dust cover jobby's, forget it, it will bounce around on you. You're better off with the iron sights. If you're using a side rail (like you're supposed to) you need a round 1" or 30mm sight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts