Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a long time shooter but new to ARs. I am thinking about buying an AR. Tell me what kind of quality I will have with an AR with a DPMS receiver and butt stock (6 position adjustable) and FNH upper. (the rest of the weapon). This comes with 2 30 rnd aluminum teflon coated mags and this guy wants $1000 for it. It looks great with a handle on top and no scratches.

Would this be a quality AR? Would this be a reasonable price?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Just a few questions. Is this an AR 57 upper? Fires the 5.7x28 round?

I'm not really familiar with this platform but if this is what you are talking about it looks like fun.

Is the asking price for the upper only or does it include the DPMS lower also for the asking price? The uppers appear to be available without much of a wait and cheaper than $1000.00, but this is without a lower.

Don't know about the magazines either. Most of the ones I saw in a search seem to be plastic 50 rounders for around $60.00 each.

Oh well, this is probably not what you are talking about so I don't know.

We could use some more info. :lol:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to find out, I thought the upper was 5.56. But I'll have to make sure.

Thanks for the answer, I'll do some searches too.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
As the OP states it comes with 2 30 rnd mags I would think we are talking about a standard AR in 5.56. Sounds like a pretty good deal with the way prices have gone up. You use to be able to get a complete DPMS lower for under $300 but who knows if thats the case anymore bu that would make the upper $700.... which sounds high to me.

More details would help but also at this point in time a quality AR for $1000 with 2 mags sounds good.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Find out for sure what this weapon is.......FN does not make AR15 uppers, they make M16 uppers. These are not sold outside of the military. There are quite a few "dealers" that will tell you that "these parts are FN" when in fact they are not.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just talked to the guy and he's saying it's a .223/5.56 nato. I told him I want a 5.56. He does not know the difference I guess.

Thanks for the help guys, it's good to know that FN does not make AR-15 uppers. Who knows what it is, it sure looks nice though. Damn.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
The guy is a liar ;)

Like I said FN makes M16 uppers, and that is NOT a M16 upper
It is a cobbled together POS.

You do not want to buy that.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much for the help, I'll move on.
I knew I could count on the XDtalk guys!!

·
Registered
902 Posts
No kidding! I cannot believe how some folks try to pull crap like this.

The guy is a liar ;)

Like I said FN makes M16 uppers, and that is NOT a M16 upper
It is a cobbled together POS.

You do not want to buy that.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I reported him for fraud :D

·
Registered
665 Posts
Thank you so much for the help, I'll move on.
I knew I could count on the XDtalk guys!!
Get Some Guns 'N Ammo has some NEW stuff for around that price. They have a store in Murray and another in Orem. You could try Van Wagenen's too. They have good prices.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have been noticing alot more of these 'deals' lately. People making a buck off folks who are new/uneducated to the EBR's are real dicks. But the panic buying has made it easier for them.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
:DHis add is now gone.

linke says add not found :D

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
You know, I really don't give two ****s about what people do in the private lives. Drugs, sexual perversions or whatever else people do don't bother me as long as it doesn't negatively affect other people. What does bother me is when people rip others off for the almighty dollar. People work hard for that worthless paper the government prints (that represents jack ****) and people should feel secure in their purchases. Jackasses like the one in question really should feel the full measure of the law in situations like that.

When I saw the topic of this thread I thought to myself, "FN doesn't make AR15 **** do they? I'll wait for someone else to verify this before I type something stupid." Then after reading confirmation of what I had thought to be true, all I could think about was some poor dude purchasing that rifle and getting humiliated on a forum or in front of his friends/family. Anything I can do to stop that type of injustice, I'll do.

In closing, I'm drunk on 12 year old single malt scotch, aggressive and really tired. I apologize for any profanity.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can't tell you guys how much pain probably saved me. I was the one to start this thread and am new to the AR world. I am not new to guns, and FN makes good guns. When I saw this ad, I thought WOW! this could be a good deal!

You guys are great.....thanks. I really want to buy an AR from a private person but I may just go with a reputable dealer so I know what the hell I'm buying....I would just rather not leave a paper trail a mile long.

Thanks again guys!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts