Springfield XD Forum banner

Help me decided between two rifles please.

3K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  hoovertx4 
#1 ·
I am looking to buy another rifle since i recently sold my ak47. I currently only own a 22cal rifle and the new PWS gas piston ar rifle. I am looking to buy another rifle and narrowed it down to two choices. I leaning towards another 5.56 rifle as as a backup since i have a good stock of range ammo availability.

Choice 1. Arsenal Ak SLR-106FR 5.56- (Ak101clone)

Pros. Reliable, Cheaper , Shoots 556, Has scope mount. Sturdy solid folding stock.

Cons. Magazine availability and needing to buy mags, Odd caliber for AK, bolt head and extractor replacement parts availability can be a issue. Not as accurate. Crappy finish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Choice 2. A spare PWS gas piston AR rifle.

Pros.
Easily share optics/accessories/mags from my current PWS. Magazine/ spare parts are abundantly available locally.. Accurate.

Cons.
Price is higher. Not as study as the AK?.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See less See more
#11 ·
WTF is wrong with you?
"I need another rifle, and I'm trying to decide between one almost like the one I have and one exactly like the one I have."
Really? That sold on the 5.56 EBRs? I have 2 pieces of advice, please follow at least one of them.
1. Get something in a different caliber, preferably something larger than a 22.
2. Get something in in an entirely different type of action, lever, bolt or break-open; or a different class of rifle if it has just gotta be a semi-auto.

Get a little firearm diversity in your life. Its kind of like you decided to cheat on your wife and you are not sure if you should go for her twin sister or her other sister. :rolleyes:

#12 ·
WTF is wrong with you?
"I need another rifle, and I'm trying to decide between one almost like the one I have and one exactly like the one I have."

--- SNIP ---

Its kind of like you decided to cheat on your wife and you are not sure if you should go for her twin sister or her other sister. :rolleyes:
^^^ this ^^^

+1 on the advice, and absolutely love the analogy!

#15 ·
.505 gibbs in a Hi-wall Winchester

#17 ·
I would go with the AK variant myself..The constant battle between which is better is boring..They both serve their purposes well..The AK has a better track record over time it also handles mud and tough battle situations where the AR's need some TLC..The thing that always struck me funny in these debates is we are talking battle ready rifles...Most battles take place within a couple hundred yards..So either way you will be getting a rifle that should work well for a combat situation..I love the AR's and I love the AK's so to me fighting over which is better is rather moot..
I have everything from a Ruger Mini to a Yugo underfolder ...All of them perform well..

As for "Get a little firearm diversity in your life. Its kind of like you decided to cheat on your wife and you are not sure if you should go for her twin sister or her other sister. " I would go for both sisters..Two is always better than one.. ;)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.