Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of recent events I've decided to make another purchase within the next 3 months.

The problem is, I've got several wants but need to choose ONE to buy :-(

The choice is between:

1) AR
2) XDm 9mm
3) Beretta CX4 9mm Carbine

Any thoughts? Any other suggestions?

Here's my reasoning behind these. I am considering getting involved in shooting sports in the near future. Likely combat pistol first, then maybe some 3 gun eventually.

I'm worried that if AR-style guns are banned, I'd be S.O.L. for 3 gun, even though it will likely be a while before I actually DO any 3 gun.

I'd like to get the XDm for competing, but I suppose my current XD40 would be adequate. I really like the 19+1 capacity tho, and 9mm is such nice cheap ammo...

The CX4 is somewhat a compromise between the cheap ammo argument and still having a combat carbine capable of good accuracy out to 100 yards. And I think they are cool looking and unique :)

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Get the Beretta...I'm sure that'll be the first one Obama comes a knockin at your door for...the AR would be a close second...

Chris

·
Registered
376 Posts
AR hands down.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm 1 vote for each of the long guns. No XDm Love? The main benefit of the XDm in my eyes is the 19 round mag... which would definitely exceed any AWB level :)

Anyone got anything else to help me out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looking at your stable I would say the AR would fit in. Any ban is gonna take some time so you can get the AR in the next three months and than squeeze in another. I'll be picking up my AR lower in 13 days.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Get the AR, then if you are going to get an xD-9, get hi-cap mags first. You can get the 9 anytime after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts