Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several XD's. Actually 3 overall. I have two XD 9mm service models. One all black and other Bi-tone. Both have about 700 rounds through them. Also have a xd sub-compact. Everything is in 9mm. I also have a TrP which of course if 45. So, here is my problem. Since I have two service models, should I sell one of them and get an XDM? I actually have thought about selling the Bi-tone here on the xd site but really have not seen many of these move lately. I am having a hard time with this because both of my service models have been perfect. Shoots everything I put in them and very accurate. So, would you try to sell one of them or just keep them? Tough decision.

·
Registered
345 Posts
A question. if both are running fine and you are happy with them, what is your motivation to sell one and get an XDm? I know why I spent the extra money on the XDm but I'm curious as to what benefit you think you will get from it?

To me the XDm is worth the little bit extra because I like the interchangeable back straps (I shoot with the large one), I like not having to pull the trigger during take down (not really needed but that doesn't mean I can't like it), I like that it holds 19+1 and frankly I think the XDm looks better. Now you can also make the case that the XDm has (in my opinion) a slightly better trigger and nicer sights, but those upgrades are pointless if you plan on getting a trigger kit and upgrading the sights anyway. The match grade barrel is something that I doubt even 1% of owners could ever fully utilize so thats out as well.

Like I said I think the XDm is worth the higher price tag but buying one isn't going to turn you into Rob Leatham.;)

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could not agree more with everything you just said. I think it's more of the thought of just having an XDM. You are also right about not making me a better shot. If I was an expert, I might could tell the difference but I shoot pretty good groups with my XD Service models. I was thinking about getting the new XDM compact in 9mm, even though I don't really have that much difficulty carrying my service models. Thanks for your thoughts. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would sell one of the XDs and get an XDm 3.8 Compact my self. Why own 2 guns that other then there finish are the same?
You will love the XDm.
I just bout the 9mm 3.8 compact bitone and I love it!

Good luck man.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would sell one of the XDs and get an XDm 3.8 Compact my self. Why own 2 guns that other then there finish are the same?
You will love the XDm.
I just bout the 9mm 3.8 compact bitone and I love it!

Good luck man.
This is actually a pretty damned good suggestion. It satisfies your want for an XDm and gives you 2 guns in 1!:cool:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
One should never get rid of a GOOD gun.

Save up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts