Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

Well you guys were right ...After a week or so of having my tactical 40....I have to get another one!
What are your thoughts on the 4" service 9mm compared to the 3" sub 9mm.
I will be needing it for CCW...and any imput would greatly help.
Tell me about carry comfort between the two, and accuracy...is there any noticable difference in the handling characteristics?
And of course...which finish should I get? I am tossing it up between th OD and Bi Tone, since my Tactical is solid black already.

Sure is nice shooting a gun, that when you are at the range, you are the envy of all glock owners. :D :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Go with the service bi-tone. The service is a good size, and the bi-tone will mean you avoid the rust issue.

The subcompacts don't do anything for me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
my vote is for a Service and i Bitone. you will love your new XD

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Surely there are some sub-compact owners who can try to convince me the sub is better...?

Otherwise ...it seems as though the service bi-tone is gonna' be my next baby!

Thanks for everyone's imput!

·
Registered
539 Posts
ken_mays said:
Go with the service bi-tone. The service is a good size, and the bi-tone will mean you avoid the rust issue.
quote]

+1

·
Registered
28 Posts
Go with a Sub Bi-Tone. The Sub will conceal easier and is a good shooter. A few of my gun buddies have shot my Sub and they all wanted one afterwards. Go with OD & Black. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your imput on which to get...

I have decided to get the service model 9mm in the Bi-Tone .
I put a deposit down on it and will be getting it in about a week!

I guess if I still feel the "need" to get another XD....sub-compact OD is sounding pretty good to me!

XD 40 Tactical black
And soon to have XD 9 Service in Bi-Tone

These guns are so great...it's hard to just have one!
Besides....the looks you get from diehard Glock owners makes it all worth it! :p :p :shock: :lol: :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love my OD Sub. Carrying it is fine.

The only thing I would change is - say it with me - THE TRIGGER! :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
For CCW, I'd go with the Sub, Bi-Tone...that's what I did. Replaced my GLOCK 26 with it. It is easier to conceal than the 4 in.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Ah, man. If your going to conceal, the service conceals nowhere near as well as the sub.
However, you can cut down the grip of your service and I hear that helps out some. Theres a few posts on that topic if your interested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts