Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a long time reader of XD Talk, I decided to join and post looking for some advise on my next purchase.

The only handgun I own is my black XD .40sc and I want to get another Springfield. The .40sc carrys well and shoots great, but I want something else to play with.

Should I get the 5.25 XDm or a Range Officer. I have no NEED for a new carry pistol and I am afraid of the addictive nature of the 1911s.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Have you considered the .40 S&W EMP ?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
RO would be my choice!

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Not an EMP fan? Then I'd definitly go with the RO.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Go with the RO.

You may want to get a reservation for the local chapter of "1911 owners anonymous".
(Hi, I'm John_Bud and it's been 6 weeks since buying my last pistol)

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
If you've never owned or shot a 1911; it's time! Go with the RO (STI Spartan .45 is IMO just as good and a little cheaper) and if you're not into reloading; it's time.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Another vote for RO unless you plan on shooting matches that us all the 5.25 is good for imo

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
the XDM 5.25 has been eating up the market since it's release, from what I'm seeing most shooters say it's just another 1911, nothing special about it

·
Registered
431 Posts
The new 1911A1 Range officer just got glowing reviews in this months Handguns Magazine. Plus it is featured on the cover. Competition features with a MSRP of around $900 ~ so can probably be found for less at your local dealer.

·
Premium Member
21,399 Posts
if your looking for a range /target gun, id say RO also, then you can play and play with add ons all yu want,

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Range Officer, period. (But then you knew that as soon as you started this thread, huh?) It's wise to be wary of that addiction, however, because there's not a 12 step program in the world that can cure it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Every one MUST own at least 1 1911. Springfield makes many different 1911 versions. Both the RO and 5.25 are designed as "out of the box" competition guns. So unless competitive shooting is on your list, you may be better served with the Loaded 1911 model for less money.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Time to see how the other half lives. Polymer guns have their place, but if you buy a decent 1911, you won't regret it.
Get at least the RO or higher spec. If you were flexible on brand, I'd say to take a look at Ruger's 1911. Looks like a lot of gun for the money as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts