Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you give me the "here we go again" please finish reading.

I have owned/ shot both springer and PRP triggers. And love them both.

The Springer was on a XD .45 with Thumb Saftey. I had a ton of rounds through this, it was my duty pistol. It was the Combat/Carry Job.

I had the PRP on a XDM in .40. It was the Ult. Easy Fit Trigger. I thought it felt crisper them my XD.

The problem lies in I am comparing an XD to and XDM.The XD was sent to spring for his work and the XDM was my done with my gunplumbing skills. What should I draw from this?

Neither one of these trigger jobs is the best each company has to offer.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There has to be someone that has exp. with both companies with some input?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the Ultimate Match kit on my xd40, it's wonderful. The guy who talked me into an XD has the comparable Springer kit. It's also wonderful. Same gun, XD40 in both cases. He has 2 XD45's, I believe one with each trigger set, one of which he inherited from his cousin. Both are wonderful.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Flip a coin.

They are all pretty simple, he installed all but mine, which I installed.

If you are not mechanical, get a gunsmith to do it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I picked up an XD-9 service and fitted the Springer match kit and felt it was great. I just fitted the PRP match kit to the pistol the other night and plan to shoot it tonight. I have used both in the past and have been very happy with both. I have the same feeling that the PRP trigger seems a little more crisp, but the springer kit has a little lighter action. I will try to do a write up of both.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Sounds like a coin flip to me......

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many people have had problems with clubs saying that their PRP trigger is not a legal modification?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have the PRP ultimate match trigger kit in my XD45 that I installed myself and I am far from a gun smith. I realy don't see a trigger getting any better than the one I have right now. If the trigger was any shorter or lighter than it is I would not carry the gun as a CCW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts