Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm brand new here and would like your help. I have been researching the SA XD for quite a while now, and I certainly want one.

I currently carry a SIG Pro SP 2022 in .40 S&W, which is a great gun. It is just a little bit too big for me to conceal in every situation. I like the .40 caliber, but could be interested in a .45 ACP. Who here has an XD .45 compact? How do you like it? Sorry for the newb questions, but I need some real world help on this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
679 Posts
How about a .40 S&W (so you don't have to buy two types of ammo). Sub Compact, Bi-Tone.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have an XD45 tactical not a compact.I love it,very accurate,great to shoot.not trying to conceal as it is a carry in my truck.also have an XDM40 another great shooter but prefer the 45cal if every needed for defense. go for the BIG BORE! :D

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
XD 45 compact here...love it. Conceals well in the small of my back. However, I have several weapons (38/9mm) for multiple occasions/scenarios. If I could only carry one...it would be my 45. Depending on your reasons for carry and if you are looking for an all around self-defense weapon...I would look at the compact 45, glock 36, and the Judge by Taurus. All around 5 bills.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a .45C model. If I had to have only one, this would be it. With the 10 round mag it is GTG for CC. With the 13 round mag it is the same as the .45 Service. Accurate enough for my needs and I dump those guns that I don't consider accurate:cool:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
If I were you I'd go for a xd 40 subcompact. That way you aren't buying two different types of ammo (that gets expensive real quick). Plus the subcompact seems to fit what your wanting perfectly. It's got a nice short grip, which makes it easy to conceal, plus the xd subcompacts are surprisingly accurate for a 3 inch barrel.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I too carry the XD45c and really like it. Conceals very well with the shortened grip, yet can be converted to a Service model with the optional magazine.

Whichever way you decide to go, I don't think you'll have any regrets.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Get a Glock 23 and be done with it. Same ammo prices as your sig, and it conceals better. I also have a Sig 2022 but in 9mm. The overall size of the 2022 is similar to a Glock 19/23, but the Glock is more streamlined making it easier to carry and conceal.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I too carry the XD45c and really like it. Conceals very well with the shortened grip, yet can be converted to a Service model with the optional magazine.

Whichever way you decide to go, I don't think you'll have any regrets.
+1 I have a Compact and a Compact Tactical, great guns.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
+1 for XD.40SC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. I appreciate the help. I am leaning strongly to the XD 45C. I like my .40, but it's time for a new .45, I think...

Thanks again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm still a newbie but for what it's worth. I just bought a .40 S&W service model at the same time a friend bought the .45 ACP. We took them out to the range and I could barely tell the difference firing the two. That being said. If I could do it again I would go 45 if I had the chance. Hold a .45 in your hand and see if you can conceal it, and then the decision should be easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts