Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Researched this site and others on 1/2 point sling and have it down to 2.

I plan to attach sling to Magpul ASAP and RSA.

1. Savvy Sniper HD Quad Saw Sling

Pros - Like the thicker webbing and HK Hooks.
Cons - Con on the cost. Bungee?

2. Tac-Strap

Pros - Like the thicker webbing, appears to be thicker, and HK Hooks. Positive on the cost.
Cons - Looks like have to reach under arm to adjust strap in some situations.

Question -
How are they and how well do they appear to hold up? Enough strap adjustability? What is your opinion of slings with bungee? How do bungee slings feel on the shoulder? Opinion of bungee/ no bungee? Is it better to have to pull or push the adjustment strap when tightening/loosening the sling?

Opinion on HK Hooks vs. snap shackles? Which do you prefer and why?

Comments.....

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Not to complicate matters for you but have you looked at URBAN-ERT?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a single point. Cant remember the brand. It's good. Quick up, you won't get tangled. However, I'm an switching to the Magpul 1 and 2 point. I am switching because for my job, I may need to stand around for long periods and the single is not conducive to that.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I like the tacstrap as well, at least based on the appearances. It seems to be what I am looking for, a simple 2 pt with quick adjustment. I don't need anything crazy "tactical" just something to cinch up to create a more stable shooting position. I went to their web site and they don't have much info, just a picture and that video. Anyone have one of these want to post some pics? Also, can it easily connect to a MOE stock?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I like the viking VTAC Sling

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
this has 223 views, well 224 now i reckon lol I like the SPEC-OPS MAMBA LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Just my 2cents, stay away from single point slings.

You can do everything a single point sling can do, with a 2 point, and it's much more comfortable if you actually have to walk around with the gun.

I personally dig the magpul sling, but I hate the massive lock it has on one end. Wish it just had snap loops on both ends. You don't want to use it with a gun over 7 pounds though, too thin.

I have a seat-belt wide one with a bungee, and I'd opt for that every time. Bungee takes the stress off your shoulders as you're walking, or if you have to drop the gun and draw your side arm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts