Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was surfing around for the end of the internet and came across this picture.

WHat is the scope in the middle? I know its not issued, so that only leaves a thousand other possibilities.

And, beside the point, Marines just look so much better in action. ;)

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
No experience.......from what I've read, it is a tad big and bulky, but an excellent 1-3x power scope.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
What he said....

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeh. . . . so ur better of with an aimpoint. . . .or eotech. . . . much cheaper

I'm not buying anything right now. I just wondered what it was. Besides I'd get a scope if I had the money, not a sight, as I don't really have a CQB rig.

As it were, irons work fine for close stuff. YMMV

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
yeh. . . . so ur better of with an aimpoint. . . .or eotech. . . . much cheaper

Not by the time you add a magnifier to an Aimpoint or Eotech. Either the Aimpoint or the Eotech with a 3x or 4x magnifier is going to be more expensive and heavier than the Leopold.

The Leopold is about $879 and weighs 17.5 ounces, an Eotech 553 is $554 plus $749 for a 4X magnifier, and they each weigh 12 ounces for a total of 24 ounces. Aimpoint Comp M3 is $500 and weighs 8 ounces, aimpoint 3x magnifier is $500 and weighs 7 ounces. Both the Magnifier and the M3 need mounting hardware that is going to add a few ounces each.

The Leopold is a good scope, if you want a 1X CQB sight and 3X scope to reach out a bit further in the same package.

If you just want a no magnification red dot sight the Aimpoint or Eotech is a better choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts