Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H=LY SH=T, I am amazed. I have always liked the XD models better than the XDM but I can't say that now. The XDM9 compact I like much better than any other SA gun. WTF.

I am at a crossroads.
Do I sell my XD45 compact with a great SA trigger job and get the XDM9 compact? This is a tough tough tough choice. Its like choosing Kim over Khloe................ok thats not really tough but the XD45 compact or XDM9 compact is a brutally tough choice.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
keep the .45 and buy a 9m. what would happen if you needed both and only had one??

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's no such thing as too many guns.
I know that, but its more of a cost thing I don't have a new gun budgeted for this year, like many I am running tight so if I do decide to get the XDM9 compact I would have to sell the XD45 compact.

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Save up as best you can and have both. Ya still got time before 2012.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Whatever you do, don't part with that wicked blue finished piece!

I agree with the delayed gratification here, for once. I know I would miss my lovelys severely if I parted with one to acquire another, no matter how much I loved the new one.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whatever you do, don't part with that wicked blue finished piece!

I agree with the delayed gratification here, for once. I know I would miss my lovelys severely if I parted with one to acquire another, no matter how much I loved the new one.
As much as I like the pic of the Blue XD its not my gun. It belongs to another owner on this forum. He posted several pics awhile back. I just thought this specific one was too great not to use as my avatar.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I don't have the extra funds to get the XDM9 compact right away so I would have to sell the XD45 compact to help fund the purchase and I have a abundance of 9mm ammo. But that is the only 45 ACP I currently have, I sold the others.
You should find a dealer with a good lay-a-way plan. We have one where you put 20% down and then you have one year to pay it off. If you don't mind the wait you have pay a small amount each month until paid off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Agree with the last post re: layaway.

In fact, some shops will let you put used guns on layaway.

I missed a chance at a XDm 3.8 9mm complete with 4 mags for near $500. Only thing that keeps me from kicking myself is that they came out with the compact which I prefer.

Regardless, I also own an XD45C and plan on keeping it while I shop around for an XDm 3.8" in 9 or 40.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i was in the same spot i have an xd45 i got the day it came out and i almost sold it to get the 3.8 and i made a way and i love the 3.8 shoots soo smooth its awesome but i love my 45 soo i carry both lol

·
Registered
345 Posts
Personally I would sell the XD45c to fund the XDm9c simply because ammo is cheaper and will save you money in the long run since it is a concern. Honestly thats why my first pistol is a 9mm and despite drooling over a XDm .45, my next pistol will also be a 9mm. Maybe the one after that will be a XDm .45.

·
Registered
17,492 Posts
I'm firmly in the "Both" crowd. Layaway, garage sale, sell blood whatever. I started with the XDm 9mm in the full size 4.5 inch.. Next came the .45c followed by the XDm.45.
Waiting on the rumored single stack XDm. (Drool!!)

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I would have a garage sale or sell a kidney. There's no such thing as too many guns.

You can have too many guns! You know you've reached that point when the floor under the safe collapses. (And it's on cement in the basement)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Both! In today's world, we all want things "now". It's not going away, just may take a little more time to get is all.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I own both XD 45C and XDm 9mm 3.8 Compact. Both have Springer trigger jobs. There is no way I would sell my 45 to get the 9. I am more accurate with the 45 than any other gun I own. I am supremely confident in that gun and my abilities to protect me and mine. I just can't put a price on that.

As others of posted, be patient and save.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Your "wanter" has kicked in! You might as well do as others have suggested....yard sale, bake sale, sell blood, lay away plan.....whatever you have to do. You will have two guns, its just a matter of when!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts