Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have run into a huge perdicament... I am smaller I guess you could say 5'10" 160lbs and no excess fat at all. 7% so I have nothing to help me conceal a weapon.

I am at a loss as to how I could conceal my compact 40 xdm, especially since I live in Texas....

I wear alot of shorts, and the only thing I could think of is if there is a holster that fits around your thigh and conceals the weapon on the back side so in the loose of the shorts leg?!?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm the exact same size, and I conceal my 40SC with a Crossbreed Supertuck and the velcro hooks/belt. I can wear shorts and a t-shirt just fine with it.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Look into in-waistband (IWB) holsters like the CrossBreed mentioned by Mr. Anthony.

The only way you know it will work for you is to try it.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I'm about the same size as you, maybe an inch taller, a couple pounds lighter.

I never wear tight t-shirts or elastic/drawstring shorts unless I'm actually running or exercising, and I don't carry while I'm doing that.

I carry an XD40SC in a desantis Tuck this IWB holster @ 4:00.

I just took some pics & I'll get them uploaded in a few minutes so you can see how I do it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
extra support for the earlier posts...... Crossbreed/Kholster/Desantis etc iwb type holster. especially if you DON'T need to tuck your shirt, they work great. If you do need to tuck, as long as you leave some "blouse" to the shirt, they work very well.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
im wearing plad shorts and a reasonably tight fitting shirt right now and my xd40sc is well concealed in the crossbreed supertuck. im not going to be completely bent over at the waist without it printing but you learn how to move while carrying.

one thing you need to learn while carrying concealed though is that you need to dress around the gun. if that means wearing a slightly larger shirt than you normally would then its a style sacrifice you're going to have to make.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Oh, you didn't say you were going to wear plaid shorts. There's no way you can conceal a handgun while wearing plaid shorts! :lol:

Yeah I wear a 33" waist pants so I can carry IWB. otherwise, I'd be in a 32"
Yeah, I usually wear 32" waist pants to carry IWB. Normally, I wear 31" waist.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I was afraid that the plaid would give away my gun lol... Guess ill have to stick with khaki...

I can of course do that, just means my current wardrobe is wasted and ill have yo spend more money on clothes.

Thanks for the input gents!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Silly me, I thought you were just packing a colostomy bag...:p
I've heard...that's a good answer if someone asks what's that under your shirt. "It's my colostomy bag. Wanna see?"

And his under shirt is on inside out...:p
Life is too short to worry about which way my undershirt is supposed to go. :D

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I've heard...that's a good answer if someone asks what's that under your shirt. "It's my colostomy bag. Wanna see?"
It would tend to change the direction of the conversation. Might not be the line to use on a hot chick....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts