Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I wear tighter fitting clothing and need to know what kind of holster I can get that wont cause me to have to completely change clothing styles.... I am not changing my entire wardrobe just to crry.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Do you wear tight clothing because you have to for work?

Part of carrying is dressing around the gun, you are going to have to adjust your wardbrobe both bigger or looser clothes. Or patterned shirts.

Or you end up substituting drawability and round count.

Tight cloths usually mean single stack "bug" size guns and deeper concealment holsters that take longer to get to.

A few may argue, this is just my opinion and what I have read here on XDTalk as a general census.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck, and I haven't changed my wardrobe at all really. I'm 5'10 and 165 pounds "athletic" build (no fat (not bragging, just how I'm built)), and tend to wear clothing that fits pretty well. I just wear an undershirt and tuck it in around the holster so if anything rides up I'm still covered. I don't even think about it any more.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
So now we know IWB is out of the question.

A close OWB holster is about your only option. unless you wear a suit. that I can think of.

small of the back holster like a
Blackhawk-check-six = would be the cheapest
followed by a custom made one

just wear it behind the hip instead of SOB ( prevents back problems)

or a high ride holster snugged under an untucked shirt / cover garment like (vest)

other than what Xdmp22 already stated a bug would be needed, as an ankle, cargo / back pocket carry, or in an appendix holster

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
This is why I carry a "J" frame.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
LCP (or similar) in a wallet holster. Unless you have very shallow back pockets, they are impossible to be made. Or, same gun in a front pocket holster like a DeSantis Nemesis or High Noon pocket grabber.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Best IWB holster on the market is the Crossbreed Minituck and Supertuck. No one can wear "tight" shirts and conceal carry so your going to have to at least wear a shirt tucked or not that has at least a little give to it. I carry a compact 9mm with a Crossbreed Minituck and haven't changed my dress at all and I don't feel I wear "baggy" clothing at all but then I don't wear spandex either if you get my point!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am 5'10" and about 190. 44" chest and 34" waist.. Thats a 10" reduction there so all my stuff is athletic and tight fitting (mainly slacks and dress shirts for me.)

I use an IWB holster thats all leather and if I have to tuck in my shirt you cant tell I have a gun. You can see the 2 tabs for the holster but thats it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.

Maybe get one of these since it keeps the gun nice and tight against you. Also the gun barrel is covered by leather. So if you shirt comes up a little all they see is leather. This is the route I may go. Lead time sucks though. I may try the Theis IWB though since you have 2 weeks to send back if you dont like it. My pants arent tight but they are tight enough where I may not be able to use a IWB holster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts