Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I recently started my career in law enforcement with a local agency and for the time being need to use my XDS-9 3.3 as my duty weapon. However, to do so my dept requires use of a level 3 holster. Unfortunately finding one is easier said than done. Do any of you know of a company that either produces them or could custom make me one?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
29,746 Posts
The XD-S isn’t considered a duty pistol...that’s why nobody makes a duty holster for it.

I recommend buying an actual duty pistol for the time being...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yea, I dont think you will find one. Like the other guy said, it is probably a great excuse to add a new gun to your safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Please educate me, what is a level 3 holster? Simply a retention holster or more?
A Level III holster is generally considered to be a retention holster with two active retention mechanisms in addition to friction. So, something like a Safariland 7360 7TS™ ALS®/SLS holster that has a hood and a thumb release. And yeah, nobody is going to make a Level III holster for the XDs since it isn't considered a "Duty" pistol. You'd want to look at an XDM (if you like SA) or a S&W M&P or Glock 17/19, etc.

·
Registered
470 Posts
While I love my xds for secondary I would not use it as a duty weapon. I'm surprised if your armory would approve it for a duty gun even if you had a holster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts