Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just obtained my conceal and carry permit and am now looking to buy a holster for my 9mm Xd tactical and was wondering if i could get any tips on what to buy. i do not really wear loose fit clothing so the slimmer the better. The Carry clip from Skyline Toolworks looks the best so far but i don't know about you but i do not feel that comfortable putting sticky tape on my sexy new xd.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
After 11 years of off and on carry and 1 year of carry everywhere except to work. I'm sold on the Crossbreed super tuck. Once you get it adjusted and find the sweet spot, it is very comfortable and conceals well. You may need to change the way you dress, to include a loose fitting shirt. good luck

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the crossbreed supertuck on order and have heard so much good about them, I don't think I'll be disappointed at all. Only a few weeks left.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Had my crossbreed about a month now, my wife doesn't know when I'm carrying. I carried all weekend while my mom was visiting, she never noticed my gun untilled she gave me a hug the other night. Very comfy, I have taken a nap with it on in fact. High quality and i can fit all three of my xds in it. My xdm 4.5 even conceals nicely with the right shirt.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Another vote for the Crossbreed supertuck.

I personally will not stick a loaded pistol into my pants if the trigger is no covered. I'd be less worried about having tape on my gun than shooting my self. So to me, clip draw is out of the question.

·
Registered
47 Posts
ill be getting one on order. you guys sold me on it. its just what ive been looking for. have to get ready or our new CCW law here in WI. it gets sighned on july 8th, wil go into affect nov 1st. that and my xdm9mm 4.5 is getting a little brother.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another vote for the Crossbreed supertuck.

I personally will not stick a loaded pistol into my pants if the trigger is no covered. I'd be less worried about having tape on my gun than shooting my self. So to me, clip draw is out of the question.
When you say covered, do you mean 100% convered or covered so a finger cannot slip in and pull the trigger?

The Combat Carry reduces the coverage of the trigger by an 1/8th or so. Here is a picture of Combat Carry vs. normal:

Notice that the tirgger on the XD is cut, but not open. Here is a closer image:

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
^^^ still the trigger is covered so now problems, it's just a portion of the trigger guard that is exposed. Just remember and train to keep that booger picker off and out of the trigger area.

On top of crossbreed check out raven holsters which are considered IWB and OWB holsters with the proper accessories bought. Also check out remora holsters, they are considered clipless, I'm currently using one with a reniforced opening for my bodyguard 38.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
I mean covered so a finger could not slip in and discharge the gun.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I also have a Comp Tac minotaur, but it is the economy version named the Spartan. I like it. It fits quite well. What the Comptac has over the Crossbreed is that the kydex half-bodies can be changed out for different types of handguns.

·
Registered
255 Posts
RCS (Raven Concealment System). It'll cost you the longest wait of your life! (avg 5 months) but it's WELL worth it AND you can keep the light on your gun too :)

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
I say lose the light anyway. Better to learn using a light than having it in the road all the time. Looks cool on TV but IMHO it's junk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts