Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new around here.... and i have a problem

Just picked up an XD Tactical 40 from a guy today. less than 3000 rounds down the pipe(so i'm told)

ran 1 mag through it... worked fine... 2nd mag 2 shots then i have a dead trigger.

it looks like the trigger spring is broken and i need to replace it. however her is teh real problem.

I can't pull the trigger to remove the slide as pulling the trigger does nothing at all it would appear it's not connected to the trigger bar.

so my question is how on earth do I get the slide off to fix the damn thing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the trigger isn't working and you want it to release the striker for the takedown you have to trip the sear. There is space between the slide and frame when you are looking at the back of the slide. While yout holding the grip safety down slip a punch between the slide and frame and trip the sear with it. After that it will take down like normal and you can do your inspection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! worked like a charm.... now the bad news... my trigger bar is broken... i was planning on doing a trigger job anyways, but i was hoping to be able to shoot the damn thing until i received the parts.... oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts