Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy an AR my price range is under 700 wandering what help i could get seeing as i have never owned an AR and only shot one a couple of times. Academy has a Bushmaster Carbon 15 with Bushnell red dot and 2 mags for 699 and my local gun shop has a Smith&Wesson M&P sport 15 for 599 does anyone have any experience with either of these guns and does that sound like a fair price.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Oh, by the title I thought you were asking for donations!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Stay away from anything Armalite....I bought one about 4 months ago, the gas system continually causing the gun to jam. I sent back to them twice for the same thing finally sold it to gun shop down the road. never could get it fixed. waste of money. definately M&P is the way to go

·
Registered
892 Posts
I know this is more than what you want to spend, but I just bought a Bushmaster XM15 E2S and I am extremely happy with it.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Stay away from anything Armalite....I bought one about 4 months ago, the gas system continually causing the gun to jam. I sent back to them twice for the same thing finally sold it to gun shop down the road. never could get it fixed. waste of money. definately M&P is the way to go
I have the same Armalite as the Il state police. Its the M15LEC. It has a few thousand rounds through it and has never once jammed. Its not a gas piston either. Just D.I. That really sucks that you've had problems with yours. I've always heard nothing but good about Armalites.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I know this is more than what you want to spend, but I just bought a Bushmaster XM15 E2S and I am extremely happy with it.

I would buy the S&W before I would get a Bushy. I certainly would not spend more for a Bushy.

The M&P Sport is the same concept as the DPMS sportical, a budget rifle with some features, such as the dust cover and forward assist, left off to save money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The M&P Sport is the same concept as the DPMS sportical, a budget rifle with some features, such as the dust cover and forward assist, left off to save money.
To clarify, the DPMS Sportical DOES have the dust cover and forward assist. Just bought one for my first AR, $649

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just bought the dpms oracle which is one step above the sportical. Paid 730 for it. Also got a new sig illuminated 3x scope for 130. Works great for tactical and a third of the price of the aimpoint and e o techs. Shop around you can find some good deals on ARs.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
*SNIP*
I understand there would be a bit more milling for a dust cover but come on, it can't be that much. It looks odd without it.

I personally would not purchase any non-standard rifle.

YMMV

1 - 20 of 23 Posts