Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an STI Duty One that used to have a RecoilMaster system in it. Long story short - it had problems. So, a local gunsmith replaced it with a full length guide rod and a heavier spring.

I don't know the manufacturer of the guide rod system he used. Here's what I can tell you about it: it has an allen key opening (5/32") and was supplied with an allen wrench.

My question is - how do I disassemble my gun now?

Do I unscrew the rod, then take the slide stop pin out? Or the other way 'round? I've tried both, but there must be a step I'm missing.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
435 Posts
its a two piece guide rod, just unscrew it and it will disassemble. Make sure to apply a little blue loktite to the threads when you put it back together.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Standard two piece guide rod. As stated, remove the rod first, then disassemble as normal by pushing in on the plug and rotating the barrel bushing, remove the plug, then take out the slide stop, etc.. It really helps to have a bushing wrench as the edges on the plug can be quite painfull.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Standard two piece guide rod. As stated, remove the rod first, then disassemble as normal by pushing in on the plug and rotating the barrel bushing, remove the plug, then take out the slide stop, etc.. It really helps to have a bushing wrench as the edges on the plug can be quite painfull.
I concur.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts