Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i kind of jumped into the AR game rather quickly. i traded in my sig 556R to a shop that was stocking RRA ar15. went home and read up for a day on RRA reputation and went back the next day for the rifle. i really enjoy the rifle so far, but here is my dilemma.... what type of ar15 would mine be considered? i have been browsing ar15dotcom and going through photo threads and would like to be able to put a "name" to my rifle.

thanks for the info/help!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
It would help if you gave specs of the rifle, but it looks like a 16" Carbine to me. Looks like a nice rifle but youre killing me with the different color mag and rail lol.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well...its not KISS, its not Recce, not IDF clone...kind of trying to be all three it appears.

Just call it an AR15 like everyone else. You dont need a fancy acronym or anything to know its a great gun!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Tackytle?:p

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would help if you gave specs of the rifle, but it looks like a 16" Carbine to me. Looks like a nice rifle but youre killing me with the different color mag and rail lol.

haha the odds and ends colors will end soon enough. the rail was picked up used and there was no tan pmags at the shop. so, i ended up with black and whatever color that is, for now.

i agree i do not need a specific name. it is more that i hate that site, other than the amount of info it has, and would prefer to have my ducks in a row if i post there.

this is the rifle on RRA site
Rock River Arms: Tactical CAR A4

thanks!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Sorry Boz, I couldn't resist and didn't mean to knock you. Just one of those word switches that looked to be funny. ;)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ haha no offense taken. just slowly working on building my knowledge base of this platform. i can deal with ribbing while learning.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you're new to the AR world, you may want to take a look at Geissele triggers for them. IMO they are the best out there for the AR. The 2 stage match trigger is ooooohhhh sooooo silky smooth. Well worth the money to upgrade the standard trigger if that's what yours has.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're new to the AR world, you may want to take a look at Geissele triggers for them. IMO they are the best out there for the AR. The 2 stage match trigger is ooooohhhh sooooo silky smooth. Well worth the money to upgrade the standard trigger if that's what yours has.

thanks for the info i will have to look into them! mine currently has a 2 stage trigger.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Definitely be sure to shoot a single stage before jumping directly to one. My AR15 come stock with a single stage trigger and it was all I knew. When I finally had a chance to try out the RRA two stage I just couldnt stand it. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I've got a RRA. It's a good gun; you'll enjoy it. The trigger is pretty nice, IMO.

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
Good looking RRA! That would be considered an M4 carbine clone IMO. 16" barrel, collapsible stock, flat top.

My AR would be considered a "fullsize" with the 20" barrel, and A2 style butt stock...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Good looking RRA! That would be considered an M4 carbine clone IMO. 16" barrel, collapsible stock, flat top.
M4s have a 14.5" barrel with the flash hider permanently attached for civilians.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i initially thought this, however the barrel is missing the notch in it (for a grenade launcher, i think).

M4s have a 14.5" barrel with the flash hider permanently attached for civilians.
i guess ill settle at the idea of my AR is a mutt :cool:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you have a two stage already, it's been upgraded already. What kind - who knows? You will have to find out from where you got your rifle from.

I have my second stage set very light so you don't really notice it and squeeze right through it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you have a two stage already, it's been upgraded already. What kind - who knows? You will have to find out from where you got your rifle from.

I have my second stage set very light so you don't really notice it and squeeze right through it.
the gun came from RRA with a factory 2 sage

1 - 19 of 19 Posts