Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My favorite war story and the most recent reason I stopped riding my motorcycle (there were many other close calls)...cruising to work one morning on my Kawasaki Vulcan 900 on our local highway/interstate...a truck with a rack body passes me, on that rack body he has strapped 6-8 sheets of plywood...they were not well-secured...as he passed and was about 15-20 feet to my left at about 65-70 MPH the plywood came loose and next thing I know there are 8 sheets of plywood spinning through the air like propellors all around me, one coming right at me and another nearly took out the SUV in front of me and I almost rammed them trying to dodge this stuff myself...the SUV nearly went over trying to miss the plywood! It was C-L-O-S-E and there are too many other little ones that were totally avoidable, like the woman trying to race past me to be first in line through one of those one-lane construction projects on the highway...she saw me and didn't care that she was so close to my bike that I could reach out and touch the side window of her Audi as she cut me off!!

Anyway, I had had enough. Still love bikes though and stI ill feel the itch, thought about an on/off road bike but have not done it yet and probably never will.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My wife rides a Kawi Vulcan 900.. in 2006 she was cut off by a tractor trailer. She layed the bike down to keep from t-boning the trailer. She was on a 636 and she almost made it but the rear wheel caught the landing gear. Fractured Femur, broken tib/fib and bone in her foot. Sidi boots sav3d her ankle. A year later she bought th3 Vulcan determined to not let one accident ruin her love for riding.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
21 - 23 of 23 Posts