Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just signed up. I have a question , just purchased a XD 45, I think it shoots low, could be me. On the rear sight what should it have stamped on it for a 45 cal?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome..its not the gun..no offense, its you.
Google my XD shoots low & left.
Or search on here. It is one very common issue with the XD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats cool ,I ordered more ammo, soon as it gets here i'll be back at the range,i haven't shot a 45 in a long time, this is my first XD. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
99% of all XD and XDm`s have a "G" marked rear.
XD-HS2000 - Stock Sights XD

Are you shooting a group and is it printing low. If your impacts look like you shot it with a shotgun you did not shoot a group and it tells you nothing. If all of your rounds are hitting the in a nice tight group in an inch or two area then you shot a group. and if that group is low you should change the sight.

How are you using the sight. Instead of a 6 o'clock hold raise your sights and try a combat hold. Use your front dot and cove the center of the target I bet you will find you are shooting higher. So for a combat hold say you were shooting a head and wanted to shoot him in the nose. Take your sights pay attention to the dots take your front sight dot and cover the nose your impact will hit the nose.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
It's VERY normal for people to anticipate the recoil and pull the barrel down as they fire. Often they also pull it to the left. Have a buddy load between 0 and 3 snap caps randomly in your mags so you don't know where they are. Then see what happens when you get to them. If you are like the majority of people, the gun will be jerked down as you anticipate. The goal we all strive for is the gun not moving at all when we pull the trigger (except for actual recoil).

A good practice drill is to (with an EMPTY GUN) stand an empty casing on the front sight post, then dry fire -->pull the trigger. Any twitching will knock it off.

If you have a spare 30-50 bucks, you can get a cheap airsoft laser and dry fire practice while watching the dot to make sure it holds dead steady.

I own one like this. It's really good for a little $ This one is 20 bucks including shippping.

Low Profile Red Laser Sight Scope for XDM XD 9 40 45 | eBay

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had two groups of 5 one high one lower. Using point of aim.

At 17 yds starting out, put the three dots just under center of target. Shots went under target. Moved the target to about 8 yds,same site picture ,hit bottom of paper.

After that I just started aiming high to get the two groups. I going to practice ,practice practice and see what comes up next. thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's VERY normal for people to anticipate the recoil and pull the barrel down as they fire. Often they also pull it to the left. Have a buddy load between 0 and 3 snap caps randomly in your mags so you don't know where they are. Then see what happens when you get to them. If you are like the majority of people, the gun will be jerked down as you anticipate. The goal we all strive for is the gun not moving at all when we pull the trigger (except for actual recoil).

A good practice drill is to (with an EMPTY GUN) stand an empty casing on the front sight post, then dry fire -->pull the trigger. Any twitching will knock it off.

If you have a spare 30-50 bucks, you can get a cheap airsoft laser and dry fire practice while watching the dot to make sure it holds dead steady.

I own one like this. It's really good for a little $ This one is 20 bucks including shippping.

Low Profile Red Laser Sight Scope for XDM XD 9 40 45 | eBay

Thats a good idea.

·
Premium Member
127,264 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Welcome! As many have indicated, practice will help. Snap caps have helped me too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts