Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone on XDTalk. I'm about to buy an XD9 (Service model I think its called - the one with the 4" barrel) from a LE friend and all round good guy. He also has the SC version which he likes better and will sell me his XD9. He says he's put 500 to 600 rounds though it. I'm a newbie to hand guns and these XD9 Springfields are supposed to be great guns at a reasonable price. I haven't been out shooting with it yet but it feels good in my hands. I'll sign up for a class or two soon to learn basics and get my CHL soon.

I look forward to many visits to XDTalk!

Dave

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome Dave from Farmersville Texas. You'll really like your XD. It shoots where ya point it, and is built like a tank. Your LE buddy has just got it broken in good for ya....enjoy. Give us a range report with pics...or some will say...."Didn't happen" LOL!!

Also make sure that you subscribe to the XD Talk of Texas, XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! - XD Talk of Texas scroll down to where you find "Group Tools" on the right and subscribe. I like to keep up with my homies. And if your close could get together for group range invitations.

Look forward to seeing ya around!

·
Premium Member
24,701 Posts
hello there

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Dave

Welcome to the forum from Colorado

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the many welcomes from ya! I know that a couple of the first things I will need are:
1) Purchase 9mm ammo --- any advice on brands to buy? any advice on brands to stay away from? other advice?

2) Ear protection -- where and what to buy at a reasonable price?

3) Eye protection -- where and what to buy at a reasonable price? I have glasses that I use for distance on a daily basis. Can I wear my prescription glasses (regular glasses and sunglasses) when shooting? Or is this inadvisable?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Dave
I buy ammo here at the Lewisville Wal-Mart.
I shoot IDPA and USPSA with the Dallas Action Pistol group (Dallas Action Pistol Shooters) at either DFW Gun range (DFW Gun Range - Training Center and Retail Firearms Store - Dallas, TX) or Elm Fork shooting park (Elm Fork Shooting Sports)
We would be very happy to have you come by and shoot with us. IDPA is a very good way to get used to your new XD.
Cliff
Hi Cliff
I would love to come by to say hello and shoot sometime. Maybe you can give me some pointers. When are you at the DFW Gun Range? Is that the one on Mockingbird in Dallas?

I'll check Walmart in north Dallas for ammo and prices. They seem to be the cheapest retailer everyone says. I'll also go to a gun show when the next one comes around nearby.

Dave

1 - 20 of 20 Posts